Headlamps

7 replies to this topic

Poll: Headlamps? (16 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to see headlamps in game?

1. YES, BY THE NINE RIGNS OF SATURN< YES! (14 votes [87.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 87.50%

2. No. (2 votes [12.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 The Shredder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 178 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:56 PM

Really. Headlamps. Why don't we have them?
You know what the best feature of Halo is? The flashlight. Yes, they later replace it with a night-vision scope thing, but I still prefer the good old flashlight.
Imagine Alpine Peaks at night. You're scouting around a hill. You got a flashlight on. THe circle of light scopes across an enemy mech... and they vanish as they move out of it. However, you're safe for a couple seconds because your maglite disrupted their night vision. You switch off the headlamp, and flip on the thermal...
Only to realize you are surrounded!

Anyway, lighting has always been a great way to make things more dramatic. At one point, Thermal Vison and Night vision were supposed to have been modules. Since they both represent a higher level of technology than the average merc would bother with. Why shell out for your lance to have such things when a good old searchlight is dirt cheap?
I feel that PGI should return the night vision and Thermal vision to module, albiet occupying a seperate optics upgrade option rather than your precious module slots. Maybe 500,000 C-Bills to unlock the ability to see in the dark? Then as an alternative, give us headlamps. It may seem a little late in the game for such a tweak, but I have a feeling that many fans would support the change.
Basically, you would have Headlamps as a default in the same way you have standard armor or a standard frame. Then for a fee, you can unlock either night vison or thermal vision. Soup up both to make them a little better IE, give them a better range, and bam, instant awesome.

Just my humble suggestion, PGI.

#2 Deadmeat313

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • LocationPreston - UK

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:40 AM

I agree. There are several designs in canon that feature searchlights as part of the chassis - Rifleman, Warhammer and Guillotine off the top of my head.

And we want those Mechs in game, yeah? :D

They should be fragile though. Easily disabled by incoming fire (with a nice breaking glass sound). Also, they do give your own position away pretty clearly.

D313

#3 Tweaks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 959 posts
  • LocationLaval, Quebec, Canada

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:49 AM

This has already been suggested by me no longer than last week. Do some research next time.

Flood Lights On 'Mechs

#4 Helsbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationThe frozen hell that is Wisconsin.

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:42 PM

Yep, toss in some searchlights. That way I can slide my gamma to max and aim for the 'please shoot me' lights.

#5 Inconspicuous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:02 PM

View PostTweaks, on 15 September 2013 - 11:49 AM, said:

This has already been suggested by me no longer than last week. Do some research next time.

Flood Lights On 'Mechs

Did you...?

http://mwomercs.com/...409-headlights/
http://mwomercs.com/...ech-headlights/
http://mwomercs.com/...-to-headlights/
http://mwomercs.com/...on-head-lights/
http://mwomercs.com/...h-needs-lights/

:)

#6 Tweaks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 959 posts
  • LocationLaval, Quebec, Canada

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:42 PM

View PostInconspicuous, on 15 September 2013 - 05:02 PM, said:

Those are all archived post that nobody can bump or reply to, and none mentioned the pros and cons I mentioned, so... uh. I did search the suggestions forum and didn't find any other like that.

Edited by Tweaks, 15 September 2013 - 05:43 PM.

#7 Helsbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationThe frozen hell that is Wisconsin.

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:22 AM

If I remember correctly, all the units that sported searchlights also had an IR setting as well, so they didn't get cut to pieces at range by giving away their location to the naked eye.

#8 The Shredder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 178 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 05 July 2014 - 04:58 PM

View PostTweaks, on 15 September 2013 - 11:49 AM, said:

Flood Lights On 'Mechs

I searched for headlights, lights, searchlights, and headlamps. Did not find your post, just some that had been archived. So I started a new one. Guess I forgot to try flood lights.
Next time, try to be a bit more polite, huh? Add a link, a person is likely to visit and bump. Your post gives this thread a bump, which means there are TWO threads being bumped to bring in some good old fashioned electric torches. This in turn makes the suggestion more visible to PGI, and more likely to get recognized.
Rather than being indignant, why not go for teamwork?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users