Give Us Private Match For 12 V 12 Premade

3 replies to this topic

#1 Blood78

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 156 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:34 PM

PGI - You guys switched to 12 mech mode so it does number of things.

1. Makes it feel more big
2. Saves you overhead on server costs

So give us private match ability for 12 man premade so we can do leagues and practices while we wait for CW and ladder.

Giving 12 man premade ability to make private match does not increase overhead on your part because these 12 man premade would've taken up space anyway and does not allow 2 man private match you guys were concerned about.

#2 Galen Crayn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 443 posts
  • LocationKonstanz - Germany

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:35 PM

Listen to Bryan Ekmans Podcast - he gave the answer

#3 Colonel Fubar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 650 posts
  • LocationPlanet Agoge in the Mitera System

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:32 AM

Yep, one of those cart before the horse details that is promised to be addressed. :)

#4 Black Templar

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 300 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:12 AM

We will get the lobby system soon. As a competitive player I am really looking forward to get rid of the silly sync-dropping we have to do right now. Sometimes it just takes hours to get five drops done.

On another note: these lobbies will require at leat one (?) player to have premium time available and activated, in order to get created. I get that this a necessary step to keep the server cost covered, however this might still be an entrance barrier for some players.
My suggestion for this issue is as follows. Since 12v12 lobbies will most likely be used for tournament, scrim or practice sessions anyways, why don't we remove Cbill, XP and GXP progression from the custom lobbies, UNLESS the participating individual players own premium time. This would allow players without premium time to still create these lobbies (and enjoy the feature), but won't get progression for free.

Overall I think this a fair solution. Feedback?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users