- - - - -

Is There A Training Ground, Without Pvp?

5 replies to this topic

#1 shukra

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:49 PM

hello, i'm wondering if there is any in-game training ground, where i'm driving a mech around without other players, so i can just get used to it.

it's a little stressful to be in a team situation before i've touched the controls.

#2 luxebo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:00 PM

Yes, click on the mech button next to the Launch button, click the movement tutorial if you haven't done it already, or click the testing grounds to test trial mechs (which are good but specialized in this month) and group weapons, learn controls, etc. Then good luck and have fun in the real battlefield with players. :)

#3 Dredhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • LocationSpace Colony Texas

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:09 PM

You can test other mechs beside's trial mechs set up a config run on a map of your choice..Only thing is there no Bots to shot at just stationary mechs. but a bot probably not much better anyways..Just relize you probably don't have anything but trial mechs at the moment

Edited by Dredhawk, 15 September 2013 - 06:10 PM.

#4 Project Chaos

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:08 PM

Yes, as it's been said, click on the "Testing Grounds"

The testing grounds throws you into a FAKE game. By fake, I mean that there will be no other human beings present in the game, and also there will be enemy mechs scattered around, but they will NOT be piloted. They will simply stand there & not move.

Also, there is the new movement tutorial which will not be a live game either, and it will teach you how to move your mech. In the future I am sure they will add more tutorials like this, such as target practice, but for now there is only movement.

#5 EyeDie I

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:01 AM

remember to claim your free day of premium time at the download page,that stacks with the cadet bonus.use both the training grounds and testing grounds.the prem time is activated in the game it isnt automatic.

#6 Enderman

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationTallinn

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:43 PM

By the way, if you try the tutorial, it actually teaches how to move WRONG, or at least in a worse way than it is meant to be. It is much better to learn how to play properly from the start.

First thing you should do is to turn "Throttle decay" off in the settings, and practice moving with that.
I really have no idea why is it even in the game.

If you will play with throttle decay and get acustomed to it, believe me, you will be at a disadvantage against others, and relearning how to play without it will be painful at first.

Then, try disabling "Arm lock", and learn how to move and aim with that.
Arm lock only makes sense on mechs that cannot move their arms independently of their body, on most other mechs it is a hindrance.
When you actually need it, you can still have arm lock when the Shift is pressed.

Also, you should make use of the following keys :
- Full stop, by default mapped at X
- Inverse throttle - if you need to reverse, this is the key to do it, just press it once. Much better than holding S for 10 seconds, or pressing full stop and then holding S.

Edited by Enderman, 16 September 2013 - 01:49 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users