- - - - -

Which Modules Are Useful?

20 replies to this topic

#1 MortVent

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Locationother side of the ridge firing lrms at ya

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:11 PM

I got the advanced zoom and lvl 2 target decay unlocked.

Now I am mainly a catapult driver with lrms, so I need the target decay for sure.

The zoom is for when I start to try other mechs again.

But what are the two other modules I should work for on the lrm boats?

Seismic sensor = knowing who is behind me
369 degree lock = don't lose lock when brawling with light mechs circling me

But someone mentioned the target information as being a good one, for faster locks?

#2 Redda

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:33 PM

For my 2 cents... I use the seismic and zoom. I tried the 360 targeting for tracking the speedy guys but seismic works much better.

#3 Hammerfinn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 745 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:40 PM

Adv. zoom is best for direct fire. For LRMs, you need target decay and increased sensor range. You should also make sure to carry BAP. Your third module should probably be seismic--it is crazy useful.

#4 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:50 PM

advanced seismic and target decay are the only must haves.

Edited by Spheroid, 15 September 2013 - 07:52 PM.

#5 Ingga Raokai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 239 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:16 PM

Seismic is useful expecially if you tracking enemy, but for LRM boat I think i would choose another else.

Increase sensor and Target decay indeed good for LRM. I dont think Target info would be that useful unless you are a scout or a habit of switcing target to see the weakest (in terms of specific parts, crit torsos or leg, etc).

So I say depends or your preference for the 3rd module slot (2nd in case of K2), I would recommend Coolshot specially if you are a bit heavy on lazors (PPC/ERs or LLs).

#6 Johnny Reb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,945 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio. However, I hate the Suckeyes!

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:18 PM

In my opinion most use full mods are:
1. seismic sensor x2
2. coolant 9x9 (with upgrades)
then dependent on mech:
3. decay (lrm must!)
3. Cap accel (fast mech must)
then in my preference:
5. target info
6. sensor range
7. zoom (now its useful)
8. 360 target
then the ones I wont touch
9. arty
9. air strike

#7 Enigmos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:29 AM

For LRM Target decay, sensor range, and then seismic IMO. BAP is good. Artemis and TAG are must-have for missile-heavy builds.

#8 travelbug

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 248 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:32 AM

you def need seismic.
lrm boats are esp vulnerable to lights. if you see a fast moving bleep closing in, move out asap.

#9 Roughneck45

• The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:08 AM

Best set up for LRMs is Advanced sensor range, Advanced target Decay, and Target info gathering, with BAP, TAG, and Artemis on the mech.

Pure sensor destruction! lol

Honestly though, every module is good now except for the artillery and air strikes. All of them are worth investing in, with Coolshot and Seismic being the most game changing of the bunch.

#10 Lucky Noob

• The Sovereign
  • The Sovereign
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:09 AM

Sensor Range is an must have for an Missle Boat.

Having an longer Range for getting the ability to log on is essencial.

#11 travelbug

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 248 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:06 AM

why would bap and adv sensor range be needed on an lrm boat when you cant kill past 1000m and you cant shoot anything cancelled out by the bap (150m)?

#12 Roughneck45

• The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:13 AM

View Posttravelbug, on 16 September 2013 - 07:06 AM, said:

why would bap and adv sensor range be needed on an lrm boat when you cant kill past 1000m and you cant shoot anything cancelled out by the bap (150m)?

So that you can target at your max range. I don't know if BAP alone takes you out to 1000m or not.

BAP gives you %25 faster lock on too. If it takes your sensor range to 1000m, I guess you don't need advanced sensors too.

Edited by Roughneck45, 16 September 2013 - 07:15 AM.

#13 MortVent

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Locationother side of the ridge firing lrms at ya

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:14 AM

Streaks, and so when a spider is gnawing your ankles your team mates can get locks because it blocks their ecm allowing incoming support fire (and allows a little faster lock speed on direct fire at all ranges iirc)

#14 travelbug

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 248 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:32 AM

Bap doesn't give you faster lock on time but faster info gathering. I agree it's useful for streaks but an lrm boatby defin ition carries lrms.

With regards to advance sensor range, unless the lrm is at the front of the group it's usually someone else targeting for max range targets. So again I kinda see no point.

But just asked if some of you had novel uses/experiences with these items.

#15 Enigmos

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:52 AM

View Posttravelbug, on 16 September 2013 - 07:32 AM, said:

With regards to advance sensor range, unless the lrm is at the front of the group it's usually someone else targeting for max range targets. So again I kinda see no point.
In a close match those guys you have out on point may evaporate on you. You really will want then to get a lock as faaaar away as possible.

#16 Sadistic Savior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:03 AM

View PostMortVent, on 15 September 2013 - 07:11 PM, said:

what are the two other modules I should work for on the lrm boats?

For LRM boats? I'd get the ones that have to do with field of view reducing or eliminating decay when you do not have line of sight). That seems obvious to me.

For me personally Advanced Zoom has been more useful, and I would get Seismic sensors next. But I use direct fire weapons...those things would not be terribly useful for LRM boats.

Edited by Sadistic Savior, 16 September 2013 - 08:03 AM.

#17 Hammerfinn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 745 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:47 PM

A- so you can see what's coming, if it's small and dumb, you cna fire LRMs while the target is out of range and it will move into range.

B- so that damn ECM spider doesn't run and hide behind you, nullifying your LRMs for kicks and giggles while tagging you.

#18 travelbug

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 248 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:12 PM

View PostOriginalTibs, on 16 September 2013 - 07:52 AM, said:

In a close match those guys you have out on point may evaporate on you. You really will want then to get a lock as faaaar away as possible.

imho firing missiles close to its max range is not that effective. the flight time makes it easy to evade or shot down by multiple ams. doing so will burn thru your ammo really fast while causing minimal damage, sometimes even if the target is tagged.
the only reason tho fire lrms at >800 mts is to supress the opfor to help an attacking group.
and thats why i find adv sansor range not as needed as target decay and seismic.

Edited by travelbug, 16 September 2013 - 07:13 PM.

#19 travelbug

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 248 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:21 PM

View PostHammerfinn, on 16 September 2013 - 01:47 PM, said:

B- so that damn ECM spider doesn't run and hide behind you, nullifying your LRMs for kicks and giggles while tagging you.

good point

id rather use seismic and the low signal alert to adjust my position or call in help well before bap has a chance of nullifying the spiders jamming. but good point nonethess, best reason ive heard for lrm and bap.

#20 PostalPatriot

• PipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:24 PM

Decay with coolant flush upgrades, if you got room sensors, that's for an lrm boat that runs hot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users