- - - - -

Is This A Good Hunchback 4Sp Setup?

8 replies to this topic

#1 GordanFreeman23

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:18 PM

Im currently running this build and would like to know if this is the highest potential of this mech, thank you.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c4eed3bceb08bbf

#2 Ingga Raokai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 239 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:30 PM

might want to use artemis for srm6, if i were to use srm6 i always use artemis, if srm4, i dont use artmis. overall, meh.
you can cut armor a bit to round up the tonnage leftover to .5 and cut 1DHS to trad them for AMS or BAP. your preference though.

to this or this.

Edited by gamemania666, 15 September 2013 - 08:34 PM.

#3 Symbiodinium

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 162 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:32 PM

You've probably got more heat sinks than you need, and it's a bit slow. I would go with this: HBK-4SP

A bit expensive to set up for a new player, but she'll treat you right. I prefer SRM4+Artemis to SRM6, as they run cooler, fire more rapidly, use less ammo and unless you're extremely close usually 1-2 of the SRM6 rockets miss anyway. Switch out a DHS for a medium laser in the head if you like.

#4 Johnny Reb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,945 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio. However, I hate the Suckeyes!

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:35 PM

Haven't run my Hunchies in so long but would try this:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...cd3f65365973a51

#5 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:25 PM

You have a good build, basically a variation on the typical 4SP. Consider swapping the engine for a 250 (one additional engine heatsink), and adding ammo and/or AMS. This would be my build. Over 40% cooling efficiency is generally pretty good.

#6 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:46 PM

I recommend upgrading the engine. You can drop the head laser and a heatsink if you need to. And you can shave armor off your arms and legs. The arms are small and don't get hit as much and the legs don't get hit as much as your torsos. If you start loosing these too much, add some armor back on. I'd go with ~25 on arms and ~35 on legs.
The 4 arm mounted lasers will all track together, but not with the head laser. The head laser allows you to zombie, but you will be dead before that usually.
Whatever you do, don't use an XL engine. When I used my 4SP i'd loose a torso half the time and still make it through matches or at least get some more kills or assists.

#7 Roughneck45

• The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:39 AM

Stick with the 5 Lasers. Artemis is up to you.

You MUST run at least a 250 size engine, for the 10 true DHS alone.
HBK-4SP

#8 John MatriX82

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:08 AM

View PostLt Slipknot, on 15 September 2013 - 08:18 PM, said:

Im currently running this build and would like to know if this is the highest potential of this mech, thank you.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c4eed3bceb08bbf

-Your HBK-4SP
-STD 250 HBK-4SP <- Always, in every mech you have, try to reach for a 250 rated engine or more. It means that those 10 DHSs in the engine will work @ 2.0, while anyone you'll end up adding as external, only works @ 1.4, cooling less. See? Same DHSs, more speed, more cooling.

As others already told you, SRM6 are too widespread without artemis. Either swap them for non-artemis SRM4s and more speed like this HBK-4SP or swap vanilla SRM6 for ASRM4s HBK-4SP.

Artemis on SRM6 is practically mandatory, while on SRM4s is cool if you can get it (the spread is rather thin), otherwise they are also good without (I employ them without Artemis a lot, but with 3 or 4 launchers on bigger mechs).

#9 GordanFreeman23

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:49 PM

All right thanks for all the good feedback. Im gonna run with STD 250 and SRM 4's Artemis. Again thanks for the awsome feedback! :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users