- - - - -

What Setting Do I Need To Reduce To Increase Mech Draw Distance?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Felio

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:32 PM

I hate that it's necessary to see the most distant mechs, but it doesn't look like it's going to get fixed anytime soon, and I'm tired of seeing shots come from thin air.

#2 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:20 AM

I think it's Object detail - high that gives you the most draw distance for mechs. Reducing settings will give you less draw distance.

You may also be able to modify draw distance with the user.cfg but I dont have the details for that.

#3 QuaxDerBruchpilot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 319 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:31 AM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 16 September 2013 - 01:20 AM, said:

I think it's Object detail - high that gives you the most draw distance for mechs. Reducing settings will give you less draw distance.

You may also be able to modify draw distance with the user.cfg but I dont have the details for that.

I supopse it's quite the other way round: reducing object details (graphic settings in general) will remove trees, etc. thus revealing mechs at greater distance.

BTW, this is the only game that gives you an advantage by reducing the quality. Just another poor game element beside so many other ...

#4 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:51 AM

Mech draw distance (how far away a mech is rendered) and intervening trees are two different things. You want to maximize mech render distance while eliminating large foliage; try object detail high and environment low.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users