Recoil

5 replies to this topic

#1 vv3k70r

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:15 AM

Is there any recoil with those huge, high mounted autocanons?
I understund that mechs servos can sustain chainfire, but an alpha with high mounted weapons should be an issue for targetin.
Target have a problem bein hitin with AC. This energy dosent came from nowhere.

#2 Devils Advocate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 636 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:38 AM

I'm not against a small recoil from firing multiple auto-cannons simultaneously to make it harder to grind people down from 600 meters away.

#3 Colonel Fubar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 650 posts
  • LocationPlanet Agoge in the Mitera System

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:28 AM

Man you would think so, when they get going its a wonder that they could maintain the accuracy.

#4 SleekHusky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 124 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:32 AM

Good point, despite being giant heavy robots, giant heavy guns should not be pinpoint (besides the factor of damage drop + bullet drop)

I could understand when mg's do not have any recoil on any mech as they are just mg's but for example a boom jaeger, physics should make sense in the fact that if it fired both at once, when the ac20's are mounted that high it probably isn't good for stability at all whatsoever. Perhaps depending on the mech's structure (chicken walker vs humanoid for example) and mass it should factor the ability to control weapon recoil. Or to help with firing massive power at once or really fast perhaps crouch should be added like in older games. Now I do see how crouch could lead to balancing issues (hill humping made worse?)

#5 Fut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,969 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:36 AM

View Postvv3k70r, on 15 September 2013 - 10:15 AM, said:

Is there any recoil with those huge, high mounted autocanons?
I understund that mechs servos can sustain chainfire, but an alpha with high mounted weapons should be an issue for targetin.
Target have a problem bein hitin with AC. This energy dosent came from nowhere.

The problem with this logic, is that the recoil would occur after the alpha . So the targeting would only be affected on a shot being taken immediately after the alpha.

Plus Mech Magic negates the recoil, with dampers and gyros and whatever other words I'd need to throw down to convince you.

Having said all that though, I'd be alright if the Devs wanted to include a bit of recoil, it could make things interesting. Just keep in mind that it should affect chain-firing more than alphas.

#6 M4NTiC0R3X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:43 AM

Back in the day when the ERPPC in my AWS-9Ms right arm ran hot I would artificially create recoil. It would be a cool aspect of the game if when you shot big guns depending on your hardpoint location and standing angle you would see a slight knockback + convergence animation for cooldown.

Edited by M4NTiC0R3X, 14 February 2014 - 05:43 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users