Urget Fix Before Or On Launch Day

5 replies to this topic

Poll: text chat del fix (6 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think this problem needs to be fixed

1. yes (6 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. no (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 bloodnor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • Locationwarrington Cheshire UK

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:53 AM

the backspace in text chat needs to be fixed fast i seldom use it as I am in a unit that uses TS. but in the next few weeks after launch I'm sure we will be getting a large influx of new members all asking questions in game text chat and if they miss type or mess up what they are trying to say and the normal insults that follow or the alt F4 joke will pop up every five minutes and this will discourage new players as we all know not everyone who plays MWO is a nice. if people are discouraged this is a potential money loss for PGI. not everyone comes into the forums and I admit I used to ask loads of questions in text chat when I first started playing. I just ctrl A and press del to select it all if need be. that moment you get attacked mid typing or putting info gathered in the wrong channel it happens. come on guys it used to work fix it for the sake of this game and it's success. I BELIEVE IN YOU PGI.. oh yeah please add edit forum thread post title I just noticed my balls up

Edited by bloodnor, 15 September 2013 - 11:57 AM.

#2 BillyM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:58 PM

You think people on the internet who misspell stuff actually use the backspace key?

...and you want them to spend time redoing much of the key input repeat coding to fix it vs working on other things?

No thanks, I'll take a new game-mode please.

--billyM

Edited by BillyM, 15 September 2013 - 12:58 PM.

#3 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:13 AM

lol!

#4 von Pilsner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:15 AM

It used to work as you would expect, they nerfed it a long time ago...

#5 Lord Perversor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in New Aragon

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:16 AM

View Postbloodnor, on 15 September 2013 - 11:53 AM, said:

the backspace in text chat needs to be fixed fast i seldom use it as I am in a unit that uses TS. but in the next few weeks after launch I'm sure we will be getting a large influx of new members all asking questions in game text chat and if they miss type or mess up what they are trying to say and the normal insults that follow or the alt F4 joke will pop up every five minutes and this will discourage new players as we all know not everyone who plays MWO is a nice. if people are discouraged this is a potential money loss for PGI. not everyone comes into the forums and I admit I used to ask loads of questions in text chat when I first started playing. I just ctrl A and press del to select it all if need be. that moment you get attacked mid typing or putting info gathered in the wrong channel it happens. come on guys it used to work fix it for the sake of this game and it's success. I BELIEVE IN YOU PGI.. oh yeah please add edit forum thread post title I just noticed my balls up

Little Mech fu trick.

Hit Esc-Esc then problem solved, now type it properly this time.

#6 bloodnor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • Locationwarrington Cheshire UK

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:07 AM

I see my point about not everyone being nice was at least correct.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users