No replies to this topic

#1 FroBanger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 183 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:41 PM

Ok so I have no idea what community warefare will be but I'm assume their will be 2 tiers the unwashed masses that go into house units and those that form mercs.

So Player JohnnyAwesome owns like 52 Mechs and he's one of the unwashed masses of one of the Houses. He is Told to Garrison some back water planet. So through battles and attrition the attacking force has about I do not know 200 mechs. The minute the attacking force destroys all 52 of his Mechs they take the planet. Then the "AI SCRIPTING" Says ok house guys I want that planet back And sends out 24 mechwarriors to take that planet. And all 24 of those mechwarriors can use the mechs they have to attempt to destroy the 200 mechs of the opposition team.

If player Hmm I dunno 7 only has 4 mehcs and they are all destroyed he cannot participate in the attack of that planet if he is the house unit or the defence of that planet if he was the original invaders.

Yes I am aware this would require Both AI Scripting and a Seperate "Community Warefare" Drop option. Either to reinforce planets under attack or join in. Now since travel between planets is not instantaneous their would be a set amount of community warfare drops. IE You either defeat the planets defenders and its yours or you defeat the attackers and hold the planet which makes who ever was participating in that attack force unable to Do a community warfare drop for some time if they lost due to "Rebuilding the shatterered mechforce" But if you are the defenders and win your numbers repopulate immediatly since you have the "Natural resources of the planet to help resupply and refit you" Same would go if you were the attacker and Succedded. Only a loss would make you unable to do a community war fare drop the next day.

Why I suggest this is because well houses were more powerfull then merc units simply because they had the numbers to throw around. And it would also encourage people to join merc units rather then form small ones that were of no actual value at being able to defend or attack a planet.

Also it would be interesting to see that the number of mechs and the Experience you have on them has an actual real time value to your progress in the game.

Ie players that have accumulated alot Will be much stronger then players that have not.

Oh and back to my other point our "Current Drop STyle" where community warefare does not exist could just be listed as "Battle Training" Since there is no repair rearm and the C-bills you gain could be pay from either the House or the Merc unit you are in

THUS tieing in every single drop style. THANK YOU AND GOOD NIGHT!

Also I am aware I misspelt Warfare that was not intentional

Edited by FroBanger, 16 September 2013 - 01:42 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users