- - - - -

Hello All! Cannot Wait To Get Back Into Childhood Here (Playstation 1 Memories And Pc/tabletop Exp). Important Common Question In Post.

New mech

12 replies to this topic

#1 Un1337ninj4

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 6 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:00 PM

I must know, as a previous Zeus/Madcat/LAM/Locust/Marauder/Bushwacker mech user where would I find my first comfort zone as a harasser dps?

#2 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:02 PM

Victor/Hunchback/Trebuchet/Kintaro/Catapult/Spider/Raven/Jenner

#3 Un1337ninj4

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 6 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:03 PM

Thanks!

#4 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:08 PM

My answer is usually: How fast do you want to go, and what guns do you want to bring when you get there?

#5 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:11 PM

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 16 September 2013 - 04:02 PM, said:

Victor/Hunchback/Trebuchet/Kintaro/Catapult/Spider/Raven/Jenner

Forget the Kintaro for now, its just too big of a target still.

#6 Un1337ninj4

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 6 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:17 PM

Looking at the Trebuchet and Raven for now, looking up various builds.

#7 John Buford

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:19 PM

View PostUn1337ninj4, on 16 September 2013 - 04:17 PM, said:

Looking at the Trebuchet and Raven for now, looking up various builds.

In that case be aware one of the Trial mechs is currently the RVN-3L which is a very good Mech.

#8 Un1337ninj4

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 6 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:25 PM

So I observe >:3 all of these patches are gonna take 2.5 hours, Why must my Wi-Fi tower next door be so awesome!

#9 Xeno Phalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:30 PM

*Takes of a imaginary hat* R.I.P childhood.

Alot of mechs fit the harasser profile , fast mechs tend to fulfill this role which often falls to lights and mediums with the occasional side of dragon and quickdraw.

Personally speaking for a new player I would say avoid the bigger sized ones IE the kintaro, quickdraw, dragon, and trebushit as they take a degree of experience, a set of big brass balls and a stubbornness that could make a bull flinch in order to enjoy.

My recommendations are mediums - Centurion and Blackjacks are slower, but solid machines (<3 BJ-1) while the tried and true may be less common these days its still a pretty potent machine. The cicada is a fun little toy, its essentially a 40 ton medium that pretends its a flightless jenner but one model notably has the ability to mount the fairly useful ECM equipment.

#10 TheAtomiser

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:32 PM

Jenner D is the ultimate harraser IMO. 140Ks with 4ML and 2 SRM4 with JJ makes a potent combo

#11 Un1337ninj4

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 6 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:37 PM

View PostXeno Phalcon, on 16 September 2013 - 04:30 PM, said:

*Takes of a imaginary hat* R.I.P childhood.

Alot of mechs fit the harasser profile , fast mechs tend to fulfill this role which often falls to lights and mediums with the occasional side of dragon and quickdraw.

Personally speaking for a new player I would say avoid the bigger sized ones IE the kintaro, quickdraw, dragon, and trebushit as they take a degree of experience, a set of big brass balls and a stubbornness that could make a bull flinch in order to enjoy.

My recommendations are mediums - Centurion and Blackjacks are slower, but solid machines (<3 BJ-1) while the tried and true may be less common these days its still a pretty potent machine. The cicada is a fun little toy, its essentially a 40 ton medium that pretends its a flightless jenner but one model notably has the ability to mount the fairly useful ECM equipment.

*Behind a Toshiba as well!* I shall consider the Cicada for sure! (looked at the Jenner but... It is in every vid I see, good sign but not something I want to see myself contribute too :D

Edited by Un1337ninj4, 16 September 2013 - 04:47 PM.

#12 Rengakun

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationMalay Peninsula (Malaysia)

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:58 PM

View PostXeno Phalcon, on 16 September 2013 - 04:30 PM, said:

Trebushit takes a degree of experience, a set of big brass balls and a stubbornness that could make a bull flinch in order to enjoy.

Why, thank you. :huh:

*cough*

Back on topic:

The Cicada is quite fragile, so you should keep moving at high speeds and avoid direct confrontations. It is extremely agile and can easily stay behind heavier 'mechs, allowing you to core them from the back. Torso Twisting is quite useful for the Cicada, as its 'arms' are more like shields.

Edited by Rengakun, 16 September 2013 - 10:59 PM.

#13 Itsalrightwithme

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 391 posts
  • LocationCambridge, MA, USA

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:14 AM

View PostUn1337ninj4, on 16 September 2013 - 04:25 PM, said:

So I observe >:3 all of these patches are gonna take 2.5 hours, Why must my Wi-Fi tower next door be so awesome!

I recommend using cabled connection to your modem. You can't enjoy the game if your ping spikes up and down periodically.

Enjoy!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users