[Sug] Dynamic Area Denial

2 replies to this topic

#1 venomman2

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationWisconsin (SE)

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:32 PM

Area denial capabilities could really add some tactical aspects to MWO. Unfortunately, it has been all but confirmed that we won't be getting any mine layers or the like for some time.

So, what if the maps had randomly selected set pieces that blocked certain avenues. The radar dish on forest colony falls over and blocks the gap between the first rock outcroppings. Some of the rock bridges on Canyon Network could be in ruins. Terra Therma has a small case of catastrophic eruption that covers half the map in commando-deep lava.

And maybe alpine peaks gets hit with a giant meteor and becomes one big crater because I can't think of any reasonably sized set piece that would make a difference on this huge freaking map.

But I digress, perhaps to alter the flavor of the current maps, we could have these randomly chosen variations show up unannounced as the map loads.

#2 Stingray Productions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:28 PM

i like the idea of making those events random, good idea venomman2! :huh:

#3 Firewuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,204 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:41 PM

There has been talk of extending the destructable environments more.. I'm a big fan but they need to get collisions back first. running through dead mechs is a bit silly and I love the idea of using the bodies of your enemy to block a path ;-)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users