Petetion To Better Organize Mechs In Mech Bay

5 replies to this topic

#1 Burned_Follower

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationDanielsville, Georgia

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:27 PM

So far Devs, I think that the current Mech Bay in MWO is FANTASTIC! Thanks so much for putting attention to detail.

But There is one thing that is messing with me and no doubt with other folks who own an increasing number and variety of BattleMechs.

The list at the bottom that shows all Mechs/Variants needs to be modified so that the mechs are separated in tabs or files that separate by classes.

A perfect example is used in MW4:Veng and Mercs. You had a tab where you can click on light, medium, heavy, assaults, etc....you even had an extra tab to separate clan mechs from inner sphere mechs.

As MWO continues to develop post launch, it's only a matter of time(probably a couple years or so) when we will have over a hundred mechs, classes of mechs, and variants of mechs...you see where I'm going with this.

This is a petetion to all those who have Played MW4 and know EXACTLY what I'm talking about to please sign this by just replying, stating that you agree, or maybe expressing your own idea on how it can be implemented in MWO.

Again, thanks Devs so much for bring MW back to it's former glory and I wish you the best on launch day tomorrow.

Sincerely,
Burned_Follower
Midnight Cobras(MNC)
Recruiter
www.midnightcobras.org

#2 Destructicus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 1,255 posts
  • LocationKlendathu

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:29 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...79#entry2753479

Petitions are against the rules now
This is not anywhere close to Mechwarrior's former glory

#3 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:39 PM

It'll happen in UI2.0. There's no point in wasting coding time implementing it now when it's already developed in the next version of the UI.

#4 MoonUnitBeta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:04 PM

Have you seen these screenshots of UI2.0?
http://mwomercs.com/...ted-by-bryan-e/

You can organize by Trial, Light, Medium, Heavy, Assault, or ALL, and even down to Champion and Hero Mechs. You can choose Unowned, Owned, Mixed (assuming), you can change to either List or Thumbnail view options. There's also a Compare feature.

#5 Burned_Follower

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationDanielsville, Georgia

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:18 PM

View PostMoonUnitBeta, on 16 September 2013 - 08:04 PM, said:

Have you seen these screenshots of UI2.0?
http://mwomercs.com/...ted-by-bryan-e/

You can organize by Trial, Light, Medium, Heavy, Assault, or ALL, and even down to Champion and Hero Mechs. You can choose Unowned, Owned, Mixed (assuming), you can change to either List or Thumbnail view options. There's also a Compare feature.

Cool! Thanks for letting me know, guys. And about the rule against petitions, I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for letting me know. ;)

#6 xMEPHISTOx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:13 PM

But can you drag and slide them as you see fit, or does it have to be by light, medium and so forth...?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users