- - - - -

Er Ppc Too Hot.

7 replies to this topic

#1 IR_Quinn

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:51 AM

So I bought 2 ER PPC for my K2 to go with my 2 ER LL, I though these would be a nice combination for a sniper build. In total I had 18 DHS in my mech, which I thought would be more than enough to keep my heat low.

But it wasn't each time I shot a volley of both ER PPC my heat would go up by 40% if I fired ER LL in the same volley I'd be pushing 60-70% heat. So after a few test games I decided to cut my losses and switch back to the standard PPC.

Anyway I have two of these ER PPC's sitting in my mech bay gathering rust, are there any mech builds I can run these on without having insane heat?

#2 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:53 AM

If you fire your ERPPCs and wait 10-14 seconds you will be able to fire without building heat. Our Weapon recycle time is much to fast to vent heat in a timely manner.

#3 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:19 AM

Not going to work well with LLs. I'd suggest making use of the balistics, such as 2 ERPPC and 2 AC5 (I think you can pull that off, or go AC2), or dumping the ERPPCs for ERLLs, which do almost the same damage and have similar range but still have less heat.

Yup, here it is: CPLT-K2, though I prefer this CPLT-K2 for being more maneuverable. I guess you could pull out 1 ton of AC5 ammo for an extra HS and pull a ton of armor off the legs for one more.

Edited by Bront, 17 September 2013 - 09:23 AM.

#4 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:21 AM

You can run ERPPCs in a K2, but you have to realize that two ERPPCs will be a big burden; as you've seen, pairing them with another heavy, high heat weapon (the ERLL) is simply too hot to handle.

Try two ERPPCs and a couple of medium lasers and a pair of machine guns. The ERPPCs pack a lot of long-range punch but they won't pair well with other hot weapons.

My personal K2 is set up with four large lasers; other good builds include 4 medium lasers and two UAC5/AC10/AC2s/etc

#5 scJazz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • LocationNew London, CT

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:22 AM

There is no way that using the two of the three hottest weapons in the game is going to work out.

2 ERPPCs and 2 AC2s would likely work better as mentioned.

#6 Snowcrow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:23 AM

The extra range provided by the er ppc isn't that useful. Most engagements happens within the range of the standard ppc.
I would use ER PPCs on alpine. But for now you can't choose which mech to drop in when you know the map, so until then, go with normal variants. ER LLs are great though.

Edited by Snowcrow, 17 September 2013 - 09:24 AM.

#7 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:53 AM

The 2xLL+2xERPPC K2 is a good sniping setup, but you have to realize that the lasers become the main weapon below 500m, with one ERPPC thrown in when cooling permits. If you want to fire fast, take smaller lasers with more heatsinks and/or switch to plain PPCs.

Edited by Modo44, 17 September 2013 - 09:53 AM.

#8 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:21 PM

View PostRyanUNDEAD, on 17 September 2013 - 08:51 AM, said:

So I bought 2 ER PPC for my K2 to go with my 2 ER LL, I though these would be a nice combination for a sniper build. In total I had 18 DHS in my mech, which I thought would be more than enough to keep my heat low.

But it wasn't each time I shot a volley of both ER PPC my heat would go up by 40% if I fired ER LL in the same volley I'd be pushing 60-70% heat. So after a few test games I decided to cut my losses and switch back to the standard PPC.

Anyway I have two of these ER PPC's sitting in my mech bay gathering rust, are there any mech builds I can run these on without having insane heat?

Well, two ER PPCs generate 30 heat. That's the cap of most mechwarrior games and the summary after 10 seconds of tabletop. Combine those with ER LL, which are almost just as hot, and you've got a really hot combination.

Try regular PPCs + ER LL or ER PPCs and regular LL.

Personally I've been using one ER PPC, one Gauss, and backing it up with LRMs and using small pulse lasers against anything that gets close.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users