Odd Deaths In Jager

1 reply to this topic

#1 Huntsman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:25 AM

This has occurred a few times since picking up the Jagermech a couple weeks ago, so I figured I'd post on it and see if anyone else has had similar experiences.

I've been killed through the side torso from a single alpha strike when my armor was still at least reasonably intact in that area, and there was no ammo in the section in question either. I don't know much if anything in the game can dish out 80 points of internals plus 1-40 points of armor of damage in a single alpha *to a single component*. That's 81-120 points of "health' to burrow through. Even a Stalker 5M that cares nothing for heat penalty and loads up on 5 SRM6 and 5 ML isn't going to be able to focus all that damage on a single component (and that's not what I've died to in any event).

Has anyone else experienced dying to a single alpha while still with intact armor in the Jagermech?

Edited by Huntsman, 27 September 2013 - 07:26 AM.

#2 Kitane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPrague, Czech Republic

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:42 AM

View PostHuntsman, on 27 September 2013 - 07:25 AM, said:

This has occurred a few times since picking up the Jagermech a couple weeks ago, so I figured I'd post on it and see if anyone else has had similar experiences.

I've been killed through the side torso from a single alpha strike when my armor was still at least reasonably intact in that area, and there was no ammo in the section in question either. I don't know much if anything in the game can dish out 80 points of internals plus 1-40 points of armor of damage in a single alpha *to a single component*. That's 81-120 points of "health' to burrow through. Even a Stalker 5M that cares nothing for heat penalty and loads up on 5 SRM6 and 5 ML isn't going to be able to focus all that damage on a single component (and that's not what I've died to in any event).

Has anyone else experienced dying to a single alpha while still with intact armor in the Jagermech?

Side torso structure has only 30 points on Jager. A Hunchback P can two-shot the side torso with full armor...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users