- - - - -

Help

10 replies to this topic

#1 possumfoot

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:31 PM

i know this is a dumb question, but i can not seem to figure out how to begin actual game play. can't find a menu that will take me to a selection page or anything.. other than the main page..

#2 Roughneck45

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:34 PM

It is the launch button in the top right corner.

Select your mech, then click launch.

You can click the square icon next to the launch button to change the game type.

Edited by Roughneck45, 17 September 2013 - 02:34 PM.

#3 Ryokens leap

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,180 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:39 PM

Hey! U have to use a trial mech for 25 matches then u can buy ur own. On the bottom left there are 4 mechs of different weight classes, pick one ( maybe not an assault to start) and hit launch in top right corner and boom ur in the game. Beside the launch button is a gear, click this to open game mode options. Please pick training ground or tutorial where u can solo and learn the controls and systems. The options button( bottom left) will show what keys do what and how to rebind them. I strongly suggest u fool around solo for a while before dropping into combat if you want a positive initial experience.

Ps- to swap between 3pv and 1pv use f4

Edited by Ryokens leap, 17 September 2013 - 02:44 PM.

#4 possumfoot

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:04 PM

it is..

MC ................. redeem ,,,,,,,, online ..... facebook,twitter,you tube .......... profile .......... logout

mechwarrior ............ game ....... media ....... forums ........ community ...... support ...... downloadnow
online beta

training grounds ...... battlemechs .......... factions ......... maps .... patchnotes ..... download now (i have already downloaded)

Edited by possumfoot, 17 September 2013 - 03:05 PM.

#5 Johnny Marek Summers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:38 PM

Hi possumfoot,

You need to start the Patcher. There should be an icon for MWO on your desktop (I hope you are using Windows), click it and you should start the Patcher. It will either have Patch or Launch in a big blue button on the lower right hand corner of the Patcher.

If it says Patch, click it and then wait for the stuff to load.

If it says Launch, click it, log in, on the top of the screen of the Lobby there should be Profile/ Mech Lab/ Pilot Tree/ Faction/ Store. You need to click on Mech Lab.

Once in the Mech Lab you might want to do the movement tutorial first. I think (I couldn't get into the Mech Lab before so all I know is from watching YouTube videos, and all the ones I've seen was way before the tutorial was available.) you can do this by clicking the small button with the little mech picture that is by the big Launch button that is on the upper right hand corner of the screen. Clicking that button will give you a drop down menu, choose the tutorial.

I'm hoping that you will return to the Mech Lab after the tutorial (remember I can't actually do this yet), on the left hand side of the screen there should be a couple of long buttons that has 'Trial Mechs' on one, and 'Owned Mechs' on the other. If you are brand new and hadn't donated to get Sarah's Jenner, you most likely do not have any owned mechs. So click on the 'Trial Mechs' button. On the bottom of your screen should be the pictures of four mechs. Choose one, then either go to the Training Grounds from that same button where you got the tutorial (recommended) or you can hit the Launch button and jump into a match.

I would recommend the Training Grounds first, because you can practice piloting your mech in a non-hostile environment, you can practice shooting the dummies, AND you can explore and familiarize yourself with the various maps.

Good Luck.

#6 possumfoot

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:58 PM

thanks a bunch!!!! i'll give it a shot...

#7 possumfoot

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:41 PM

how long is this supposed to take??

#8 Krivvan

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,318 posts
  • LocationUSA/Canada

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:47 PM

View Postpossumfoot, on 17 September 2013 - 09:41 PM, said:

how long is this supposed to take??

The patcher is downloading the entire game, which is about 2-3 GB.

#9 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:46 AM

Once it's finished, be sure to test out the training grounds and adjust your graphic options and controls. Press F9 for fps. You might have to drop your settings to get a decent framerate (~30+).

#10 Enigmos

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:00 AM

Also if your aim control is 'squirrelly' adjust your mouse sensitivity under options.

#11 Jin Ma

• 1,323 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:54 PM

View Postpossumfoot, on 17 September 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

i know this is a dumb question, but i can not seem to figure out how to begin actual game play. can't find a menu that will take me to a selection page or anything.. other than the main page..

welcome to the game.. the unintuitive UI is something they are working on lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users