Jump to content

Petition To Make "stark" A Wolf Bloodname


124 replies to this topic

#21 Novakaine

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,127 posts
  • LocationPourin one for my homies.

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:36 PM

It aint cannon so no.

#22 ThinkTank

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 396 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:39 PM

View PostSephlock, on 20 September 2013 - 07:53 AM, said:

Invented the prototype elemental suit!


Which was based on the Goliath Scorpion's armored mining suit developed and traded to Wolf decades earlier.

#23 Sephlock

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,802 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:41 PM

View PostThinkTank, on 30 September 2013 - 03:39 PM, said:


Which was based on the Goliath Scorpion's armored mining suit developed and traded to Wolf decades earlier.


Edited by Sephlock, 30 September 2013 - 03:42 PM.


#24 Naglinator

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:41 PM

Petition the gathering of the grand council so we can have a trial of annihilation for all the supports of this.

#25 aniviron

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:27 AM

View PostNovakaine, on 30 September 2013 - 03:36 PM, said:

It aint cannon so no.


Yes, and this is a petition to ask to make it canon- if it already were, then there would be no need for the thread to exist. There are people from Catalyst who read these boards, after all, so it's not out of the question.

And besides, all of MWO is considered apocryphal anyway, so nothing we do here matters. Put it out of your head.

#26 Rushin Roulette

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,512 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:47 AM

View PostDymdr, on 20 September 2013 - 06:59 AM, said:

"A good way to get into a state of pure wolfness, would be that you shall wolf the wolf until the wolfing wolf wolfs. Then, when the wolf wolfs your wolfness, the wolves of the wild will wolf your wolf up. Wolf!"


This somehow makes me picture the Clan Wolf warriors as being small, blue and half naked apart from white trousers and a white hat... no idea how that picture got into my mind ;)

#27 pbiggz

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,683 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:30 AM

View PostNaglinator, on 30 September 2013 - 04:41 PM, said:

Petition the gathering of the grand council so we can have a trial of annihilation for all the supports of this.



TRIAL OF REFUSAL FOR YOUR TRIAL OF ANNIHILATION

because clan society is totally functional and arena fighting is totally the best method of conflict resolution ;)

#28 CyclonerM

    Tina's Warrior

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,681 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:25 AM

View Postaniviron, on 01 October 2013 - 01:27 AM, said:


Yes, and this is a petition to ask to make it canon- if it already were, then there would be no need for the thread to exist. There are people from Catalyst who read these boards, after all, so it's not out of the question.

And besides, all of MWO is considered apocryphal anyway, so nothing we do here matters. Put it out of your head.


But MWO is based upon the canon Battletech lore,that means that if someone wants to make Stark a Wolf bloodname has to ask Catalyst to make a public statement or something that says "In 3050 bla bla the IlKhan Ulric Kerensky founds records of a Stark warrior among those who followed Nicholas bla bla bla and created a Stark Bloodname and then held a Trial of Bloodright for that Bloodname". The game is apocryphal,not us IMHO ;)

#29 Naglinator

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:29 AM

View Postpbiggz, on 01 October 2013 - 04:30 AM, said:



TRIAL OF REFUSAL FOR YOUR TRIAL OF ANNIHILATION

because clan society is totally functional and arena fighting is totally the best method of conflict resolution :P


Well you are soon to the join those that must not be named so trial away if you like ;)

#30 Joseph Mallan

    ForumWarrior

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 35,214 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:34 AM

How about filling the ranks of Clan Wolf's Bloodnames first, then worry about adding names. You will have a new Bloodname soon enough. It'll be one Kell of a name too!

#31 aniviron

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:19 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 01 October 2013 - 06:25 AM, said:


But MWO is based upon the canon Battletech lore,that means that if someone wants to make Stark a Wolf bloodname has to ask Catalyst to make a public statement or something that says "In 3050 bla bla the IlKhan Ulric Kerensky founds records of a Stark warrior among those who followed Nicholas bla bla bla and created a Stark Bloodname and then held a Trial of Bloodright for that Bloodname". The game is apocryphal,not us IMHO ;)


Yeah, I know. But here's the thing- many of the chassis that PGI wanted to make heroes for didn't have acceptable canon variants, so know what they did? They made history up, and wrote little backstories for them. No reason they can't do that again, and just so happen to have a pilot with a last name of Stark. :P

#32 Naglinator

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:59 PM

Alright, i thought about this objectively and... since the Starks are ultimately failures, and end up(mostly) getting killed and losing their assets... wouldn't Stark be a better Smoke Jaguar bloodname?

#33 pbiggz

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,683 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:55 PM

Not all the starks are... indisposed... there are still a few left. Similarly, the wolves are nearly completely destroyed by the refusal war with clan jade falcon. Phelan Kell however, kept the true warden wolf clan alive in the inner sphere, while vlad ward took advantage of a poorly planned trial of absorption to bring his crusader wolves back to full active status in clan space. The wolf bled but it did not die. The starks aren't dead yet either.

#34 Naglinator

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:18 PM

Umm.... you cant compare the Wolves losses during the refusal war to what happened to the Smokes. Clan wolf and sigh, wolf-in-exile are still major powers. And EVERY important stark is dead im pretty sure. Just the young girl survives. The ******* freebirth Snow doesn't count :D Plus at least a fellow clan damaged the wolves during the refusal not the IS>

#35 pbiggz

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,683 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:18 AM

Yes I can, if you ever read any of the materials in mechwarrior 2 (i think they pulled it right out of the books) by the end of the campaign for both sides, the battered units they have fighting on morges represent the last combat ready units either clan has anywhere. And under clan law, technically speaking, the wolf clan ceased to be after they were thoroughly defeated on wotan by the dezgra Vandervahn Chistu. The council was aware of phelan's wolves however so they abjured the wolf clan. When Elias chrichell was killed by vlad ward, it nullified that abjuration, and he was able to bring what few crusader wolves remained back to active status.

And bro, dont you ever tell me jon snow doesnt count. JON SNOW COUNTS, I MEAN SURE HE KNOWS NOTHING BUT HE TOTALLY IS THE GREATEST.

Edited by pbiggz, 02 October 2013 - 04:27 AM.


#36 Aerokii

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • LocationStrapped into a walking Nuke Reactor

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:09 AM

View PostNaglinator, on 01 October 2013 - 07:18 PM, said:

Umm.... you cant compare the Wolves losses during the refusal war to what happened to the Smokes. Clan wolf and sigh, wolf-in-exile are still major powers. And EVERY important stark is dead im pretty sure. Just the young girl survives. The ******* freebirth Snow doesn't count :D Plus at least a fellow clan damaged the wolves during the refusal not the IS>


Depends on who you considered an "important Stark", since
Spoiler

Edited by Aerokii, 02 October 2013 - 06:09 AM.


#37 pbiggz

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,683 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:43 AM

R+L = J

#38 Joseph Mallan

    ForumWarrior

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 35,214 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:28 AM

Hodor Stark Bloodhouse leader.

#39 M4NTiC0R3X

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:27 AM

I think blood names will be canon only and only available to the highest ranking officers of factions, because of their contributions.

(if you *think* you've got a blood name already just wait until they implement them and force name changes... you could always make a cheesy version of a name but I'm certain it'll be reported and taken off the list)

Edited by M4NTiC0R3X, 02 October 2013 - 08:28 AM.


#40 Thorondir

    Rookie

  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:34 AM

View PostNehkrosis, on 18 September 2013 - 07:14 PM, said:


also, what would a Lannister Pilot?


Obviously Golden Boy.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users