Played 50 Matches, Not One Awesome!

8 replies to this topic

#1 Phoenix Branson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:13 PM

I've played around 50 matches this week and haven't seen a single Awesome on the battlefield. The developers seriously need to consider buffing this 'Mech with a quirk. This 'Mech is basically nonexistent from the game. Maybe give it a special quirk for PPC's...

Thoughts/Opinions?

#2 RandomLurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:17 PM

Their primary build (ppc boating) got nerfed hard, several times. Combined with the huge CT, I can see why nobody is using it. Has more to do with Ghost Heat and the PPC nerf though. Fix those.

#3 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:52 PM

It could be your ELO level that's causing it... as very few would be fielding them in the first place.

Fix its hitboxes, and maybe give it the Centurion arms treatment, and maybe it would suck a lot less.

#4 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:03 PM

They were never "Awesome"s. The chassis flat-out needs a hitbox adjustment, and possibly some more "quirks" before it has parity with the other assault 'mechs.

That said, I mastered three variants with a positive KDR on each... but most of the AWS variants are set up to boat heavy energy weapons, and that isn't a viable option at the moment. There isn't a good reason to use one when any Orion, Stalker or Victor can do everything an Awesome does better, and do other things besides.

#5 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:25 AM

I've seen em.

In the hands of the few, the skilled, and the brave B)

#6 VIPER2207

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 565 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:32 AM

I sometimes drop with an AWS-8R 'Rain Doctor'. In my opinion, this configuration is the only thing that works realy realy good for the AWS-chassis in the current meta.
In fact, this is the mech with my best K/D-ratio. Performes pretty well when you know how to ride it (and your team isn't completely useless B) )

#7 MadCat02

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 668 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:11 AM

View PostMaverick01, on 18 September 2013 - 06:13 PM, said:

I've played around 50 matches this week and haven't seen a single Awesome on the battlefield. The developers seriously need to consider buffing this 'Mech with a quirk. This 'Mech is basically nonexistent from the game. Maybe give it a special quirk for PPC's...

Thoughts/Opinions?

Well if you gona play laser boat it might as well be Stalker because he has weapons at the head level . I don't think Awesome was a good mech to begin with .

Even before PPC nerf there were better mechs to mount them like highlander,stalker,viktor and ilya

#8 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:25 AM

Same, though I did see one very fast 9M yesterday. That was the only one this week though.

They did end up over-nerfing the PPC/ERPPC though. I was running one ERPPC with 11 DHS and an LBX10 and the ERPPC was causing the mech to shutdown and take damage after 4 or 5 firings on River City. I can't imagine how you would run 2 ERPPC's now with DHS 1.4 making additional DHS pointless since they deliver only 1.4 cooling and one ERPPC seems to require 15 DHS now.

Shameful.

#9 MadMaxMKII

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 275 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:46 AM

I ride the Awesome as my main mech and still pretty much like it. but the ppc nerf was hitting too hard. in my 9M i cant even handle 2 ER-PPC, even with 21 DHS...the heat is too damn high.

btw the 8V is my most successful mech with a kill/death ratio of 2.23 :D
you have to be fully aware of the map and its conditions, being caught in the open AC weapons will shredd you in seconds.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users