Maintaining 1St Person View When You Die And Fall Over.

8 replies to this topic

Poll: Maintaining 1st person view when you die and fall over. (20 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think this would be cool?

1. Yes (18 votes [90.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 90.00%

2. No (2 votes [10.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Kaldrenborn

• PipPipPip
  • The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 94 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:08 PM

I think it would be cool if you maintained 1st person view when you died, or at least make it an option. It would be cool to see your HUD go blank and seeing your mech fall over from the inside and smashing into the ground. I just think it would be really neat instead of watching your mech fall over from the outside.

Any thoughts?

#2 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:19 AM

Could make it an option to "disable automatic ejection"... B)

#3 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:34 AM

I like the suggestion. Maybe a 50% chance for third or first person to mix it up a little.

+1 for mech sim game

#4 Thomas Dziegielewski

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere - St.Ives - CERES METALS, AAlcadis Revised Underground Complex, B5

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:17 AM

The cockpit camera cuts through the terrain/geometry/other mechs depending how the mech fell. That is why we don't have this right now.

But I'm all for it.

Ha although i think it would be funny if in 3pv as soon as you die the camera drone loses power and falls and your view falls with it. You'd get the same problems though.

#5 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:37 AM

View PostThomas Dziegielewski, on 19 September 2013 - 11:17 AM, said:

The cockpit camera cuts through the terrain/geometry/other mechs depending how the mech fell. That is why we don't have this right now.

You could technically quickly black it out during the fall and do so instantenously when the poor guy gets headshotted.

Maybe even add two instances of animation that happen irregardless of what happens to the mech in the game (see if the thing falls backwards or forwards from the first frame/s of ragdoll animation and then play a custom cockpit headslam animation for forwards/backwards fall, black out the screen at the right time, show endscreen stats).

#6 Rasc4l

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 496 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:57 AM

But I'm all for it.

1st person falling would be especially important when you add collision if you're allowing mechs to fall down with that implementation. Falling down is supposed to screw up your situational awareness and watching you fall from 3rd person just reveals too much. Nowadays you can just report to your teammates what enemy mechs are walking over your dead body. Would be cool if you would have to at least do that through the broken cockpit staring at clouds.

#7 DirePhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:00 PM

Ha although i think it would be funny if in 3pv as soon as you die the camera drone loses power and falls and your view falls with it. You'd get the same problems though.

This should happen anytime the drone gets shot.

#8 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:29 PM

Yup. I hate anything that forces me out of 1PV. collisions sucked for this too, when you collided it pushed you into 3PV. both of these should be optional toggles in the options.

#9 RandomLurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:13 PM

Voted yes.

Alternately, I'd like the camera to pan and show who killed me. I've often been sniped or shot in the back with no idea how it happened. Showing the killer would let me improve my game in the future.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users