#21 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:39 PM

View PostSethAbercromby, on 21 September 2013 - 01:49 PM, said:

AC20 rounds exploding would mean a fatal cascade of damage ripping your engine to shreds. That case has saved my *** more than once (except for that one time it failed to contain the damage and one of my medium lasers exploded (however that happened))

It could have happened if they managed to destroy the CASE with a critical before blowing up the ammo maybe? :)

As I said, I can see why you would want it though - AC/20 ammo explosions are scary
As I have, so far anyways, always been close enough to dead (or out of ammo) before the parts I store it in get blown up, I have not worried about CASE-ing it <_<

Add to the fact that unless you are really competitive (and in the competitive ranks?) I would not worry overly about the survival differences between the 250>245+CASE

Options options options!

(Honestly though it had not really occured to me to try to CASE my ammo, because of the above reasons :))

#22 scJazz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • LocationNew London, CT

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:26 PM

CASE can not be destroyed Shar Wolf. In the last 250 matches I've died to Ammo Explosions twice. 217 of those matches in mechs with full loads of ammo in the legs, CT, Head, and 100 with additional ammo in RT. Twice.

The odds of an ammo explosion caused death are not ZERO but close enough to not be much of a concern.

#23 SethAbercromby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:52 PM

Well I've personally found myself stripped down with my Yenlo far more than I'd like to. In one particular match, I actually got reduced to a Central Torso and legs before going down in a fire of glory and molten engine. Any ammo explosion, especially one that involves 3 to 4 tons of AC20 ammo, would have very likely been fatal. I take CASE because I know how much punishment my 'Mech can take before going down and I'll do my best to keep it that way.

#24 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:54 PM

View PostscJazz, on 21 September 2013 - 05:26 PM, said:

CASE can not be destroyed Shar Wolf.

Ya learn something new every day :)

I have been wrong before, and I will be wrong in the future :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users