Suggestion

7 replies to this topic

#1 Enzane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 428 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationTemplar Command Training Camp.

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:57 PM

Am I the only one annoyed at the current Forum layout?

Just ask yourself one question here... If I want to find out what PGI is saying about the game, where do I go?

Announcements?
Command Chair?
Ask the Devs?
Comstar Focus Group?

And what happened to the General discussion form? Why was that removed? We had several good things going on there. If I wanted to see what was going on in the community I would just go there. Now the forums seem too fragmented to get any use out of them

Anyone else feel things need to be cleaned up a bit?.

PS: I also find it hilarious (for the past week or so, anyway.) The Ilya, Firebrand, Fang, Flame, and golden Boy's images under the Hero List are messed up.

So... who's actually doing work over there?

#2 TLBFestus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:51 PM

I don't think much of the "new" forum structure. It is not intuitive at all, and the paranoid would think that it's been done to effectively disperse the negative posts as much as possible. After all most new players, heck most existing players,usually head to "general discussions" first.

My "Calvin and Hobbes" link actually applies to the forum structure these days as well.

#3 Kain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • LocationZenith-Jumppoint, Tukayyid

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:45 AM

Yeah the forum structure is a bit weird.

They split up the general discussion forum, so there won't be one concentrated place where people will dump there complaints and trolling attempts.

But now it is all too diverged to find anything usefull,

also one annoying thing is the international forum posts showing up in the popular topics section on the home page, and because our chauvinistic friends are still using english titles, you are suddenly reading some weird russian post... ;)

Alas, It doesn't really matter, the important posts are from PGI themselves....and good luck finding those ;)

Edited by Kain, 25 September 2013 - 03:46 AM.

#4 Bartholomew bartholomew

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,250 posts
  • LocationInner sphere drop point

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:53 PM

glad to hear that. One place for news (and lock all those news posts) would be nice to see, kinda spread out here and there ATM

edit i would lock the whole news forum. let the complaints post elsewhere so it stays clean

Edited by Bartholomew bartholomew, 03 October 2013 - 02:56 PM.

#5 101011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:00 PM

If you want to find out what PGI is saying by going to one source...good luck. They say things on FB or Twitter, but don't put it on the website. They put media up on Google, but not their concept art section. Oh, and nuking GD has pretty much no purpose other than to make people think twice about posting a topic.

#6 Enzane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 428 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationTemplar Command Training Camp.

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:44 AM

View Post101011, on 03 October 2013 - 05:00 PM, said:

If you want to find out what PGI is saying by going to one source...good luck. They say things on FB or Twitter, but don't put it on the website. They put media up on Google, but not their concept art section. Oh, and nuking GD has pretty much no purpose other than to make people think twice about posting a topic.

I admit that's the main reason I don't post much anymore.

General Discussion is where you place those topics that aren't quite specific to anyone thing.

A lot of good discussions go on there. but Alas, it is gone.

#7 Accused

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 989 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:10 AM

View PostNiko Snow, on 03 October 2013 - 10:45 AM, said:

Thanks for the feedback. We're always looking for new ways to improve the forum layout. Be on the lookout for future referenda and updates on this front!

That's awesome! Which one of your 60+ sub-forums would we find this referenda should it come to pass?

#8 SjurWarEagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:24 AM

82 forums... just counted... :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users