Equal focus on pilot and mech development

1 reply to this topic

#1 Kronice

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 11 November 2011 - 06:29 AM

Something that really appeals to me is the notion of your pilot and mech(s) can be developed and customized separately. This would allow for a much richer experience thus allowing for more options with regards to personal gameplay style and preferences. For example:

Your pilot could have skill set (or tree if you will) that can vary with the player's preferences and can be improved based on a specialization that interests them. for example:

-Main Specializations (For Pilots)
--Piloting
--Armorer
--Missile systems
--Laser Systems
--Fire control (target acquisition and guidance)
--Cooling Systems
--Recon
--Electronic Countermeasures
--Salvage
--Stealth tech maybe??

Each of these specs would be used as "tradeskills" to make improvements to mechs either their own or in trade with other players. Yes I am talking about a sort of tradeskilling here.

Just a thought.

#2 Rhinehart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • LocationFree Worlds League

Posted 11 November 2011 - 08:24 PM

I actually like this thought quite a bit. I know folks are saying that Mechwarrior Online is not a tradditional MMO but I will probably approach it like one in some ways. For instance I want as many different pilot/character slots as I can buy. I want to try specializing in each weight class, maybe even for each faction and then maybe try some different approaches in the same weight class. When it comes to customizing Mechs and/or Mechwarriors, as long as the system is not overly complex I don't think I can be given too many choices.

On a different vein I hope they give us a nice customization system for or avatars(Character not mech) as well. Nothing bums me out more than cookie cutter looks for characters and having a hundred other characters that look exactly like mine.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users