Crunchies

6 replies to this topic

#1 The Familt Ghost

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:40 AM

Aside from wishing I could change the typo in my name, it would be cool to see:

Player controlled Infantry: Either first person or perhaps even control at battalion level with squads. This would open up a huge world of secondary battle objectives and give a sence of scale to the mechs.

Player controlled armor: same deal.

Player controlled air.

Persistent game world that allows some measure of PvP. The persistent world could also contain economic and resource warfare. Trains and natural resource factories anyone?

#2 Sasha Volkova

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunjin
  • Gunjin
  • 449 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:50 AM

Well since your suggestion would require a completely new coding - I think no :b

Honestly though it would perhabs be awesome, there are still many other things that they are working on, plus the fact that the company is not exactly Blizzard or EA when it comes to size, they honestly have their hands full just getting the CW, UI and Clans into the game. Adding an entirely new coding, models, game types, controls and other things like that to their worktable would push the things we really need so badly, even further into the future :b

#3 Syllogy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:32 AM

Devs have stated that you will only ever pilot a mech.

Also, building a persistent world would require a massive rebuild on how the game works.

I'm not saying that I wouldn't like to see it, just that it would have to be a completely new game; not MWO.

Edited by Syllogy, 20 September 2013 - 07:33 AM.

#4 Hexenhammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:59 AM

View PostThe Familt Ghost, on 20 September 2013 - 05:40 AM, said:

Aside from wishing I could change the typo in my name, it would be cool to see:

Player controlled Infantry: Either first person or perhaps even control at battalion level with squads. This would open up a huge world of secondary battle objectives and give a sence of scale to the mechs.

Player controlled armor: same deal.

Player controlled air.

Persistent game world that allows some measure of PvP. The persistent world could also contain economic and resource warfare. Trains and natural resource factories anyone?

These ideas were tried to one degree or another in MechWarrior: Living Legends. Players could be Elementals, Tank Commanders, and Aerospace Pilots.

The biggest issue with added more player controlled content is players controlling that content.
Some pilots can't even control their own mechs at the start of a match. Weapons check! Alpha strike to the back.
In the heat of the battle mechs are bouncing off each other like pin balls.
Mechs blocking each other's movements.
Mechs walking into team mates line of fire.
SQUIRREL! Everyone rushes to kill the spider.

So lets not add more things to an already complicated game. Hell! According to Russ 3PV was added to the game so people could see which way their legs were pointed. If we can't even control our own feet how are we supposed to control 20 more?

#5 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:36 AM

Squirrel is fun !

#6 Tweaks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 959 posts
  • LocationLaval, Quebec, Canada

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:23 AM

Already suggested that last week or the week before...

#7 Biglead

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationManassas, Va

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:03 PM

I swear I just read an article a month ago stating that the Devs planned on having consumables that call Helicopters and Tanks. Was I dreaming?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users