20 replies to this topic

#21 WalkingDeathBot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 459 posts
  • LocationLooking for Paul so as to troll him

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:02 PM

View PostYoseful Mallad, on 14 June 2012 - 03:56 PM, said:

Before anyone rings me out about The Clans not being in the game YET... please hear me out.

This is just a suggestion to THE DEVS but I welcome any and all FRIENDLY criticism.

HERE WE GO...

First off, I just want to say I know there are MANY of you waiting to play and would play THE CLANS right now IF given the chance. I understand 100% as both my brother and I have had many long talks the past few weeks on IF we were to ever play as CLAN, what clan and how would we play.

Well... we came up with what we think could be a GREAT way to bring the CLANS into play in a BIG way and give those players that want to go clan a great way to push toward that as an ACHIEVEMENT.

For those of us and the DEVS that know the clan history very well... we all know that once the clans were beaten so-to-speak, the 15 year truce was then enacted. In other words the clans agreed that if they were beaten, they would halt their push toward Terra for 15 years and it was agreed that at this point, the holdings the clans had would stay clan.

MY SUGGESTION IS... Once the Clans are introduced, how about have them be major NPCs that all of us (THE INNER SPHERE) have to fight back. And just like Canon history... IF we can fight them back and get them to agree on a truce like the canon 15 year truce... only then can those that want to play clan, can jump ship to the clan of their choosing. PROVIDED that the clan is still there anyway. And if we push them into a truce, the map may and probably will be different from the canon map as some of the clans may have smaller areas of control or larger by then. Other second wave clans may have come in and pushed farther than in canon or not have made it far at all. BUT MY POINT IS... give those that want to be clan a real reason to be clan and that is have us HAVE to push the clans back and get the 15 year truce to then open them up to be able to play. This to me would be a great community achievement that we all can enjoy and in the end, those that want to be clan can and those that want to stay IS can and still be on even footing with those that go clan as the clan tech would have by then been integrated and filtered into the IS from the long bloody fight with the clans before the 15 year truce.

SO... what do you DEVS and you fellow forum members think of this idea?

As this game is stricly PVP I don't know if many people would be interested or they could code that in. Why not just make level gear/chasis a high level unlockable option?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users