- - - - -

Module Question

16 replies to this topic

#1 RiggsIron

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:42 PM

Does unlocking a module apply to all mechs?

The info seems to imply that once you unlock a certain module - it is for all mechs not just the one you have selected.

Want to be absolutely sure before spending general xp and the millions of cbills on a single module to find out I only unlocked it for one chassis...

thanks

Also - the Master level xp unlocking - that just unlocks an extra module slot for that mech chassis? Not that you need to unlock that on every chassis just to be able to equip modules at all?

Edited by RiggsIron, 20 September 2013 - 05:45 PM.

#2 Son of the Flood

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 397 posts
  • LocationTier 3 basement - searching for funyuns and mountain dew

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:45 PM

The modules can be moved from mech to mech. Only needs to be unlocked once for all mechs.

Unlocking master just gives you an extra module slot on top of what the mech already has.

Edited by Son of the Flood, 20 September 2013 - 05:47 PM.

#3 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:47 PM

They unlock for all mechs. However it "Unlocks" the right to buy and equip it. Most modules cost as much as mechs. But after you buy it, you can move it from mech to mech without a problem.

#4 Joe Kid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 205 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:48 PM

Yes, a module unlock is for all mechs. You still have to spend CB to buy the module and yes you can buy more than one.

Mastering a Mech gives you one extra module slot. All mechs have at least one module slot (This would give you two).

Some modules are a was of GXP so be careful.

Which module do you want to Purchase first?

#5 RiggsIron

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:54 PM

Ok thanks.

Seismic seems to be the #1 pick for most people.

After that will see - maybe target lock or advanced zoom for my jaggers.

#6 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:34 PM

Seismic is definitely awesome.

Target lock less so, unless you drop with LRM toting allies. Its not bad, though, just not particularly good.

Capture accelerator is valuable if you play on conquest maps. Even with slower mechs, being able to take control of a point faster is always useful.

Advanced zoom is *finally* awesome. It was utter trash for a yeah, but its amazing now.

#7 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:08 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 20 September 2013 - 06:34 PM, said:

Capture accelerator is valuable if you play on conquest maps. Even with slower mechs, being able to take control of a point faster is always useful.

That is helpful... Finally earned enough GXP to buy that: I spend enough time sitting on the points (even on my atlas :P) that that was the first one I went for :ph34r:

It not being a piece of {Scrap} is a big relief!
(Like a fair amount of the people I drop with complain about... and yet refuse to actually help cap anything... you know the type ;))

....Now to just earn enough Cbills to actually buy the blasted thing :wub:
That or save up and buy another Cataphract/Jager/Jenner to help master the Heros/Sarah's that I already have.... :o

One to win more to earn more to get the other possibly faster... the other to play better to win more to get the other possibly faster...

Any advice out there? :mellow:

#8 xengk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:57 PM

Seismic and target info gathering are the most useful module you can have on any mech.
target info gathering reduce the time needed to "scan" an enemy, so that you can quickly identiy weapon loadout and damaged area on the enemy.
from there you can decide to neuter the enemy by removing his/her most powerful weapons or finish what your teammate have started and work on the damaged area.

knowing an enemy's weapon loadout will also determine how you should engage him or her.
if it is packing mainly PPC or LRM with a couple medium laser, it is safe to charge him/her. if the main guns are AC or pulse laser, it is best to poke him/her from afar.

#9 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:16 AM

View Postxengk, on 20 September 2013 - 11:57 PM, said:

Seismic and target info gathering are the most useful module you can have on any mech.
target info gathering reduce the time needed to "scan" an enemy, so that you can quickly identiy weapon loadout and damaged area on the enemy.
from there you can decide to neuter the enemy by removing his/her most powerful weapons or finish what your teammate have started and work on the damaged area.

knowing an enemy's weapon loadout will also determine how you should engage him or her.
if it is packing mainly PPC or LRM with a couple medium laser, it is safe to charge him/her. if the main guns are AC or pulse laser, it is best to poke him/her from afar.

I actually prefer sensor range to target info gathering. My thinking on this is that I can frequently find the targets before those without sensor range, which allows any lrms to target them sooner (I get bonuses then for spotting assists), and gives me more time to identify the target. Once a target is identified and scanned properly, I don't think target info gathering really gives you any advantage. Also, to the OP, if you get seismic sensor and buy several, when and if you decide to upgrade to advanced seismic, they will all be upgraded automatically with no further expense. This works for any of the advanced/improved modules.

Edited by mailin, 21 September 2013 - 12:17 AM.

#10 xengk

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:24 AM

View Postmailin, on 21 September 2013 - 12:16 AM, said:

I actually prefer sensor range to target info gathering. My thinking on this is that I can frequently find the targets before those without sensor range, which allows any lrms to target them sooner (I get bonuses then for spotting assists), and gives me more time to identify the target. Once a target is identified and scanned properly, I don't think target info gathering really gives you any advantage.

True, however I mostly pilot support and brawler mediums so it is more beneficial to my playstyle to quickly identify how to best deal with a target or not to engage something that is out of my league.

I only pack sensor range when in my Cicada scout or Centurion, I got too many module slot on the mastered Centurion.

#11 Euphor Kell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 186 posts
  • LocationOz (Australia)

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:33 AM

will target decay work if you're relying on another persons targeting data? ie: you're the LRM boat out of LOS in the first place?

#12 Ian Grahame

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 41 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:38 AM

I have improved zoom under piloting and I want to get the module. I have the c-bills, and the module comes up green and says drag and drop.

Where do I drop the damn thing? I've tried to put it all over the screen and can't get it to stick.

Noob question I know, but then I've only been playing a few days.

Thanks ~

#13 scJazz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • LocationNew London, CT

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:53 AM

Mechlab>Modules>Hardpoint Slots

#14 Eximar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • LocationStill living in 3025

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:07 AM

Just to expound on scJazz' eloquent answer, when you are in the mechlab, next to the Loadout button for any of your owned mechs, you'll see a button titled Modules. Click that and you will see the slots available to drop modules in.

Edited by Eximar, 21 September 2013 - 09:07 AM.

#15 Ian Grahame

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 41 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:38 AM

Many thanks.

#16 xengk

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:41 AM

View PostEuphor Kell, on 21 September 2013 - 01:33 AM, said:

will target decay work if you're relying on another persons targeting data? ie: you're the LRM boat out of LOS in the first place?

From experience, the module will still work if the target is outside LOS and spot was provided by teammate.
As long as you got a lock, the module will take effect.

#17 scJazz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • LocationNew London, CT

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:31 AM

View PostEximar, on 21 September 2013 - 09:07 AM, said:

Just to expound on scJazz' eloquent answer, when you are in the mechlab, next to the Loadout button for any of your owned mechs, you'll see a button titled Modules. Click that and you will see the slots available to drop modules in.

I like writing posts with incredibly high signal to noise ratios... what can I say. Shame about having to use the Angle Brackets but I thought that...

MechlabModulesHardpoint Slots might be a bit too dense :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users