#1 GumbyC2C

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 392 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationDeutchland

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:05 AM

So now that the advanced zoom module is working right, I notices that when I am zoomed in, small mouse movements equal big screen movements when I am zoomed in. That makes sense. Its simply like looking down a scope of a rifle. So I tried to configure my Razer Mamba with a lower sensitivity that I can use in the game for when I am zoomed in. I have done this with no issues in other games. However, in MWO, it seems that no matter what the DPI setting is on the mouse, the screen movement is the same. Is MWO special in this regard?

#2 12Bravo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 252 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:19 AM

My G700 logitech works just fine... In fact, the buttons on the mouse allow me to do it on the fly, like 7-8 different settings...

#3 ArmageddonKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 710 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:38 AM

Check see if u can make a 'sniper' button on ur mouse that temporarily (whilst held) lowers DPI.
I know some mice have it. My MadCatz RAT 7 mmo has it, and it works well. though i have yet to use it in MWo as i dont need to want or need the advnaced zoom. Not many weapons really requir the additional zoom.

#4 RadioKies

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 419 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:05 PM

MWO uses mousesmoothing/acceleration. Maybe you want to disable that via your user.cfg

i_mouse_smooth = 0
i_mouse_accel=0

And you can try to kill the build into windows 7 and up mouse acceleration via
Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers\ mouse, tab pointer options. disable enhanced pointer precision

Allthough you also should have your problem when not zoomed in and you are trying small movements.

#5 Sen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:48 AM

There's also sliders for sensitivity and acceleration in the MwO options screen. I COULD NOT get my naga consistently tuned. No matter what I did outside MwO, it was way too sensitive and twitchy until I knocked sensitivity down .3

#6 1Sascha

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:39 PM

Haven't gotten around to setting up a "adv. zoom-in/switch DPI"-macro, but I'll give it a go at some point. However: Switching DPI via the dedicated mouse-keys works just fine for me in-game.

I've only set 3 DPI levels on my mouse (could go to 5 IIRC), with 1800 as my standard and 400 as my lowest setting. Switching between the two is *really* noticeable in-game... especially in light mechs and/or when zoomed in.

S.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users