A Heartfelt Apology On Behalf Of Pgi

4 replies to this topic

#1 CrashieJ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • LocationGalatea (Mercenary's Star)

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:07 PM

Hello Mechwarriors,

We at PGI have seen the fallout of our mistakes and have seen many problems we have caused with our lack of vision.

WE. ARE. SORRY.

When we first started the project several years ago we planned out our destination to include several different pillars of design, revolving around our core players. The Biggest pillar was Community Warfare.

Community Warfare was to be panned out with multiple factions duking it out on actual planets on a 2.5 dimensional Map of the InnerSphere, Wins and losses would be tallied out on each planet and the winning faction would take that world for a C-Bill Bonus either based on a Time limit, or an additional "Planet Held" bonus per match won after. It was supposed to be grandiose, engaging, and immersive.

well, that was way too much for the Cryengine to handle. We could not find a way to add a map type percentage so that canonically hot planets got hot maps and cold planets, cold. Also we're still learning the tricks to, well trick, the Cryengine into doing what we want it to.

We are still trying and working with the Cryengine and the Devs in Crytek to modify the code in CryEngine4 to be more user-friendly and more malleable in the creator's hands.

3PV is a hot button debate still and I know that we've went back on what we said. But the thing is we didn't hold on any promise we didn't make, we're sorry if you feel like we've cheated you. Games need to expand and attract new customers, to grow and adapt. 3PV isn't quite as game-breaking as the community claims it to be, because it has it's disadvantages. You can still kill the guy on the other end, and if he tried to poke up, he can give away his position. there will always be exploiters to the mechanics we give newer players (especially seen with armlock).

We are still listening to our Founders, the Original "Go-to Crew" we've relied on for many years, we never forgot you, we're just weighing our choices very carefully and trying out solutions that both benefit the Founders and the Expanding Playerbase

Consumables and Modules are also quite a hot topic with yelling of Pay2Win, we've tried to make the playing field level with CBill Mods the same as MC Mods with enough time and Experience. We by no means are creating a Pay2Win Scenario, we are creating a Pay2PlayFaster, as seen with out hero mechs which are at par and sometimes very specific in their roles.

the reason we don't want community made items as of yet is due to the complexity of our contract with CryTek, Star Citizen's Contract is Very different then ours and theirs is different with their Game; RYSE: SON OF ROME.

some quick bits:

-Clans will come later once we balance out all weapons
-We're going to turn back time to refollow a 1:1 basis
-CW is still buggy due to coding complexities
-same with Lobbies and UI elements
-Alex Iglesias is hard at work and out modelers are working hard to keep up
-new game modes are in the pipeline and have to balanced before release
-New maps are coming out, along with different themes
-and we're all hard at work trying to keep our Staff, our Publisher, AND our Community happy... that's very difficult for a small company like us

Now Launch, I know most people are angry about that, but I don't really have an answer. I'll admit it was pretty lacking but we have a new map in the pipeline we'll be showing off soon (but I'm sure there are spoilers floating around) that can really show off what our programmers can do when given enough drive.

I'm sorry if you've uninstalled our game, and I'm sorry of you feel that our game is not quite up to standards on MetaCritic, but we are a relatively small company taking on a Very... VERY big project and as a small company we're taking huge risks and we have to repeatedly show our publishers "Hey, people still want Mechwarrior, people WANT to pay good money for this."

We're still evolving, both as a company and as people, and hopefully we can earn back the community's trust in time to unveil newer items and BattleTechnology.

Also, we're still hiring people with the right skills to work on Netcode, UI elements, and other Internet-y based stuff. Please apply if you have the right stuff to work with us.

Best Wishes From the MechWarrior Online Team,
Gavilatius

Well, If I can BS an apology and actually hit all the points on the head while putting the community at ease, I think I did a pretty damn good job

I should be the new PR manager.

PS. I'm probably going to get so much Flak for this

Edited by gavilatius, 21 September 2013 - 02:09 PM.

#2 Attackmack

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:57 PM

You should be the new PR manager.....Indeed you should...

Reading that letter, even though I knew it was fake, for some odd reason made me a bit happier =)

#3 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:14 PM

I would have your baby if it were anatomically possible lol

It wouldn't be enough at this point and is all fluff but at least it would show an effort on their part

#4 Attackmack

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:52 PM

View PostSandpit, on 21 September 2013 - 03:14 PM, said:

It wouldn't be enough at this point and is all fluff but at least it would show an effort on their part

View PostSandpit, on 21 September 2013 - 03:14 PM, said:

I know ive seen some show on TV about a man carrying a child....Look it up, your dream might come true!

#5 Master Maniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 373 posts
  • LocationKentucky, United States

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:53 PM

View Postgavilatius, on 21 September 2013 - 02:07 PM, said:

Well, If I can BS an apology and actually hit all the points on the head while putting the community at ease, I think I did a pretty damn good job

I should be the new PR manager.

PS. I'm probably going to get so much Flak for this

Flak? Heck, if it were up to me, your account would be terminated for your flagrant violation of the terms of service. Have a great day. :-D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users