Can We Please Have General Discussions Back?

No replies to this topic

#1 L1f3H4ck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:03 AM

Various areas of the forum are a hot mess right now, and I partially blame the absence/removal of General Discussions. Here's why:

So apparently, there's a lot of "passionate players" right now who, whether you like it or not, feel the dire need to flip the bird at something or someone. This is not new, and neither is it exclusive to MWO. It happens in all kind of game-related forums, and it usually take place in the General Discussion section.

Well, it apparently got out of hand, so the whole place got shut down to allow constructive, on-topic conversations in dedicated sub-forums. Sonds good. And that's exactly what it prevents. Without a place to bang heads, the disgruntled take their rage to any sub-forum they deem appropriate. Places like Feature Suggestions, Metagame or even Announcements have become minefields, where flamewars erupt constantly.

It has become a nightmare to navigate some of these threads and finding useful information has become as hard to find for players, as finding useful feedback must have become for the developers. We need a vent, It's not pretty, things can get ugly in there, but we need General Discussions back. Put a disclaimer on it, call it the "Friendly Fire Zone" or whatever, just create a home for the flames so the other sub-forums get less of them.

Don't get me wrong, I do not condone flaming, but neither can I just ignore its existence, especially when it's in my face everytime I check what's new on the forums. It did not go away, it just went to places it does not belong.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users