3 replies to this topic

#1 Steel Claws

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 665 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:08 AM

People have complained that there is no incentive to drive mediums and lights. How about a 10% C-bill boost for driving smaller mechs. I realize lights really don't need help but....

#2 W E N D I G O

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 1,383 posts
  • LocationMIA Страна Мечты, Lechenka District

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:20 AM

Well, actually I'm against it. The sole purpose of lights for me is that you can learn how to use a mech more quickly than in a medium (although they are good too) or heavy/assault. The clans actually don't let new MechWarriors into heavier machines since they don't know the basics of steering a mech. OK, slightly offtopic. I don't own any buffed mechs (Heroes if I remember correctly) but the buff itself should only be available for the paying customer (MC). As conservative as this may sound. At least somebody has to have a reason to invest in this free-to-play game and many do because of this financial buff imo. No offense though.

Btw the thread title is a little bit deceptive. One could think you wish a smaller C-Bill boost for mechs in general.

Edited by Alpha Wendigo, 22 September 2013 - 10:20 AM.

#3 RandomLurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:34 PM

Light's are fine (except spider. hitboxes are way too small). They require a completely different playstyle and a lot more skill to use effectively, but when done right they are very effective. People that complain about them just haven't learned/aren't able to pilot them properly.

#4 scJazz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • LocationNew London, CT

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:48 PM

A Jenner on my team out damaged and scored me earlier... 731 damage to 630. I was in a Victor. :)

Every time I think about the idea of extra rewards for lights I remember just how dangerous they really are.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users