- - - - -

Project Phoenix - Variants Available Through C-Bills?

8 replies to this topic

#1 IR_Quinn

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:41 AM

Could anyone tell me if the standard variants will be available through normal C-Bill purchase?

I've been looking at some of the mechs in this pack and I'd be interested in buying a couple but I've already spent quite a bit on MWO and I'm not ready to invest any extra money just yet.

#2 Zphyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 703 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:42 AM

I believe so... maybe in the next several months.

#3 scJazz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • LocationNew London, CT

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:51 AM

Released for CBills on Dec 17th I think it is...

#4 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:57 AM

If you didn't buy it, then the standard mechs would come out in these following months:
October 2013- Locust
November 2013- Shadow Hawk
December 2013- Thunderbolt
January 2014- BattleMaster
February 2014- Griffin
March 2014- Wolverine

Edited by Will9761, 22 September 2013 - 11:57 AM.

#5 Johnny Marek Summers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:58 AM

Yes, they will. However, depending on which mechs you are interested in you will have to wait for them.

10/15 Project Pheonix mechs are released for those who pre-ordered. These are the original packages: Talon, Storm, Guardian, and Overlord. This is also when you get all the additional goodies: the cockpit items, the colors, the premium time, and if enough people buy the Flame pattern, but again only if you pre-order.

10/16 You can get the Locust variants with C-bills

In November, you can start buying Shadow Hawk variants with C-bills. I forget the exact date.

12/17 Saber Reinforcement mechs are released for those who pre-ordered. Also sometime this month you can start buying Thunderbolt variants.

Sometime in January, you can start buying Battlemaster variants. And I'm guessing that the Wolverine and the Griffin will follow the same pattern, not sure which will be first out the gate.

Edited by Johnny Marek Summers, 22 September 2013 - 12:01 PM.

#6 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:16 PM

View PostJohnny Marek Summers, on 22 September 2013 - 11:58 AM, said:

And I'm guessing that the Wolverine and the Griffin will follow the same pattern, not sure which will be first out the gate.

Feb 18 for the Griffin
Mar 18 for the Wolverine

#7 Ghengis Cohen

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 58 posts
  • LocationThe Periphery

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:39 PM

They're up on smurpy's sans variants.

#8 Hexenhammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:44 PM

Every Phoenix mech variant will be for sale via chills in due time.

What the Phoenix package offers is:
Early access
Unique camo/color
unique appearances
Cockpit items.
Mech bays.

#9 Sadistic Savior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:54 PM

View PostRyanUNDEAD, on 22 September 2013 - 11:41 AM, said:

Could anyone tell me if the standard variants will be available through normal C-Bill purchase?

I've been looking at some of the mechs in this pack and I'd be interested in buying a couple but I've already spent quite a bit on MWO and I'm not ready to invest any extra money just yet.

All of the Phoenix mechs will eventually be available for purchase via CBills. The Battlemaster will be the last one, and will become available in January.

Phoenix mechs are not hero mechs. They are just standard varients with special camo and permanent bonuses (CBILL and Loyalty points). They are otherwise ordinary CBill mechs. The main reason to buy them is if you want the bonuses or (more likely) want to play them months before anyone else.

As cost/value goes, the Phoenix pack is probably the best deal PGI has given so far. For $80 you get a full company of mechs (thousands of MC each, and 4 of them have permanent bonuses), 3 months of premium time (7500MC), 12 mechs bays (3600 MC value), and cockpit items (no MC value because you can't buy them and may never be able to buy them) you can use in any mech that give loyalty point bonuses. I can't think of any deal they have published so far that has a better value/dollar ratio than this.

My Heavy Metal Hero mech was $40, all by itself. 1 Mech, no items, no premium time, not even a mech bay. So you are getting 35,000+ MC worth of stuff (thats a conservative estimate...it is probably a lot higher). 25,000 MC is currently $100 by itself, assuming you buy it all at once, and is the most discounted MC you can buy.

View PostHexenhammer, on 22 September 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

Every Phoenix mech variant will be for sale via chills in due time.

What the Phoenix package offers is:
Early access
Unique camo/color
unique appearances
Cockpit items.
Mech bays.

4 of those mechs have permanent CBill and Loyalty point bonuses comparable to Hero mechs.

Edited by Sadistic Savior, 22 September 2013 - 02:53 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users