Patcher Broke - Md5 Hash Mismatch

4 replies to this topic

#1 Ulvarg

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 03:30 AM

I posted about this problem several weeks back but never got a working answer. The issue I'm having is, like many others, the patcher. I have tried downloading the game with the patcher only to have it stop partway through the "Install Base" section and give the following error message:

"The downloaded file is corrupt. The MD5 hash of the local file doesn't match that of the file on the server."

When asked if I would like to retry it does the same thing. I have run the repair tool with similar results: it will quit partway through for no reason. I have redownloaded and reinstalled several times now and even sent in a support ticket. The only response I have gotten on the ticket front is the automated message saying they received my ticket. That was three weeks ago.

Does anyone know of this MD5 hash problem and how it can be fixed?

Edited by Ulvarg, 21 January 2015 - 03:30 AM.

#2 Donnerkeil666

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal II
  • Marshal II
  • 164 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 05:15 AM

Hi, I haven't had this problem myself, but a friend has it occasionally. He then loads the patch in windows safe mode and it works. Hope that helps you.
He suspects it has to do with the antivirus software (he uses Avast).

Edited by Donnerkeil666, 21 January 2015 - 05:16 AM.

#3 Mike Vee

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 05:19 AM

http://mwomercs.com/...ing-patch-cycle

Of the suggestions in that post, changing my DNS number was that only thing that worked for me.
Dont forget to flushdns after changing,
The bug came back a couple times for me, but just changing the DNS again kept working.
Haven't had the bug return in a few days now.

I would recommend NOT using repair tool anymore to fix this bug.

Admins need to sticky that post I linked to this forum, there are several posts in this forum for that same bug.

#4 Mike Vee

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 05:27 AM

Some people have posted that turning off DNS filtering in AVAST has solved the problem too.

#5 FoX13

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 03:54 PM

I had the same problem. I solved it by turning Bitdefender off.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users