10 replies to this topic

#1 Sn03y

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3 posts
  • LocationYet another escape pod

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:00 PM

I'm not really sure how to word this other than "I SUCK AT THIS GAME AND I HAVE NO-ONE TO PLAY IT WITH HELP!", but it's the truth. I DON'T have anyone to play with. I AM incredibly bad at this to the point of my best skill being the best cannon fodder in the universe, hands down. I also don't know what mech really suits me (wasted my c-bills twice now...), etc etc the list goes on. All I want, what I really, really want is a group of people who I can play with, and help me out a little. I've tried going to the Education Center teamspeak server a few times, but it's always a ghost town. If no-one is willing to help than I'll just continue to awkwardly stumble my way through the game as the best cannon fodder ever. And die. Over, and over, and over, and....

#2 Lord Baldric

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationSlightly to the left of sanity

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:38 PM

Found this a page or 2 in to the new player help forum.

http://mwomercs.com/...to-new-players/

Worth taking a look at.

#3 Karpundir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:48 PM

When in TS, try adding "NEW NEED HELP" to your TS nickname. You are bound to find some helpful veterans that way.

#4 Dazc

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:18 PM

If your in the Austalian/New Zealand/West cost USA time zone check out the Dark Star Alliance MWO post on:
http://mwomercs.com/...amspeak-server/

We are here to help new players learn the ropes and become better.
Check out our site on:
s1.zetaboards.com/dsamercenaries

Cheers

Edited by Dazc, 24 September 2013 - 11:19 PM.

#5 Aym

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:27 AM

These guys have pointed some helpful people out and given you a good tip about getting attention when you're new, but the general thing to take away is that there are a LOT of groups representing a large segment of the playerbase that would be more than happy to help you as a new player, they're just prohibited from recruting in the new player area! They have to recruit in-game, or in their mercenary/house forums. For our part the official group representing House Marik in MWO is the FWLM and we pride ourselves on the reception new players receive.

#6 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:57 AM

If you're having problems in the game, is it that you need friends to help you or should you spend a little time on the training grounds? The reason I ask is that I have no problem helping people become better, but the first and most important question is, do you know how to do things such turning your torso to fire, and recentering, group your weapons and fire them properly, and do you know the maps? If the answer to any of these is no, then visit the training grounds periodically. You may have noticed that combat is a bit chaotic, which means that it becomes very hard to talk and listen while taking and giving damage.

#7 Ensaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 831 posts
  • LocationOn a frozen rock .....

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:30 AM

View PostLord Baldric, on 24 September 2013 - 10:38 PM, said:

Found this a page or 2 in to the new player help forum.

http://mwomercs.com/...to-new-players/

Worth taking a look at.

The above link is to my post... thank you Lord Baldric ......give it a read.. if it sounds like something you wanna do, send me a PM for our teamspeak info.

I can tell you, that every single player who has visited us has improved tremendously since they first popped in on us.....

#8 Cybermech

Tool

• 2,097 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:31 AM

sorry to hear that snoby, the education center has been running a long time.
and for most of it has very little influx of new people so it has been getting more quite as time goes by.

I'm really surprised you couldn't find people to help you out, this is very strange since there are plenty of "know it alls" on the server ;)
The TS server it self is a public server to anyone, the NA is the one with the population.
The channel itself was a great place for all including new and vets to the game to hang out, discuss, train and have some fun.
Instead of relaunching over and over again, which would have for more negative effects on my sanity.
I opt to do it around CW where there would be a new buzz going around which would have made things easier.

Its quite clear that leaving thing for this length of time is just becoming lazy rather then a timed strike.
Hopefully over the next week this will change.

Once again I'm sorry your finding it hard to meet up with people and this shouldn't be happening a year later.

#9 Aym

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:23 AM

Yeah, could have sworn it was an earlier "position at the time" to have a new roadmap for new players at launch...

#10 Sn03y

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3 posts
  • LocationYet another escape pod

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:44 PM

Wow, what a nice community. Not a single negative comment to be found! Thanks for all the helpful comments guys, I really appreciate it. :) I'll look into some of things you guys have mentioned and hopefully find something/someone to help me out. Thanks again!

#11 LauLiao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:53 PM

Sn03y, not exactly an expert or anything here, but always willing to help out. If you're initmidated by throwing yourself into a group of experienced players, keep an eye out for me online if you like and I'm willing to group up and impart the benefit of my (limited) experience.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users