Youtube: Mackscorner Reviews Mwo

20 replies to this topic

#1 Rhaythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:03 AM

Youtube gamer channel. The guy is worth listening to just to hear him spaz out at times.

#2 MadPanda

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,054 posts
  • LocationSearching for a game...

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:12 AM

His review of the game is quite bland though. It's more like a tutorial for beginners where he just goes over what features the game has. Only few short rants in there.

#3 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:21 AM

View PostMadPanda, on 19 September 2013 - 05:12 AM, said:

His review of the game is quite bland though. It's more like a tutorial for beginners where he just goes over what features the game has. Only few short rants in there.

Here ya go. Just for you. ;)

#4 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:42 AM

His Gankenstein video is the best, I think.

#5 Nehkrosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 772 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:51 AM

I usually like the vids, and agree with some of his thoughts, but i do have to disagree with some points.
LRMs are fine now.
they were not fine in the past.

Having a weapon system that was essentially "Fire and Forget", was terrible for game balance.
Shredding practically any mech in one salvo is bad.
Now, however, the same effect can be found, it just dosnt happen instantly. LRMs have to be chain-fired, Heat has to be managed.

Its fair. LRMS still have complimentary systems, like advanced range and sensor moDules, Beagle Active Probe, and UAV/ Tag.
They also have a decent number of counters, ECM, AMS etc etc

In regards to the comments about not ******** yourself when you turn a corner? I disagree.
Plodding around the corner in a heavy or a medium, and running into an assault mech can still ruin you.
Hell, even running around the corner and running into another assault, when YOUR in an assault is bad news.
Granted, not often now you'll turn a corner and run into, say, a splatcat, or a JagerBomb, but thatnk CHRIST for that.
Boating was killing this game.

Lastly, Sniping is not dead.
I have just recently begun using dual Gauss on my 4X, and its a wonderful sniper. the Gauss is still a fantastic, and balanced weapon.
And i cant see why if you wanted to use a 4 PPC Stalker, you couldnt simply Chain fire. its only a 0.5 second delay to circumvent the heat penalty.

#6 MadPanda

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,054 posts
  • LocationSearching for a game...

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:52 AM

View PostRhaythe, on 19 September 2013 - 05:21 AM, said:

Here ya go. Just for you. ;)

Oh I've seen it :D. I've seen most of macks rants. That's why I said that his review now feels bland in comparison.

#7 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:56 AM

View PostMustrumRidcully, on 19 September 2013 - 05:42 AM, said:

His Gankenstein video is the best, I think.

How did I miss this?! My god, it's hilarious.

#8 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:01 AM

Some fair discussions there. I think on the topic of LRMs and Sniping, its mainly a result of the meta the players are going for. Especially when you're only talking about PUG matches and not 12man's, where you often see more sniping (still not many LRMs though).

The reason for this I think is that when you play a PUG match you can't really rely on your team to come to your aid when you run an LRM boat. Even snipers can fall to this as well. Not only that, but it can often be tough to rely on spotters in PUGs, so LRM boats then have to run their own TAG and have direct LOS to target, which puts them at even more risk. Brawling is quite simply the safest role to PUG with, that's all.

#9 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:01 AM

He is very funny guy, his review of 3rd person was super funny. Best comedy I have seen in a long while and echoing my thoughts of 3pv.

#10 TLBFestus

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:44 PM

The 3PV video was hilarious!! It takes him a bit to arm up, but after that.....LOL!!!

#11 Rhent

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:05 PM

His video was 100% spot on for 3rd person view. Putting in a wall hack screwed up ambushing and putting in 3rd person view has killed ambushing. At least with the wall hack that Piranha put in, I could run ahead and stand still and wait for the unaware to come into range for an easy back shot, but now with 3rd person view, its just about impossible now.

The game was in better shape without seismic and 3PV. The amount of break that Piranha has put into the game is absolutely amazing. Just no way to describe the lack of foresight in game play development.

#12 John Buford

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:53 PM

Yup Mack is not right in the head but thats what makes his videos so fun to watch. Both the Gankenstein and the DakkaDakka one are priceless. Just need to get off work and see this one.

#13 M0rpHeu5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 956 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:14 AM

He sould have mentioned the steep learning curve, and bad grinding system but most importantly that there only 2 game modes that feel like the same. So this 7/10 would be 5/10

#14 Jess Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel V
  • Star Colonel V
  • 643 posts
  • LocationFrozen in Time Somewhere IDK?

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:34 AM

hes pretty spot on in that 3pv rant. pgi has a finger up somewhere and they need to get it sorted.

Edited by Jess Hazen, 21 September 2013 - 09:37 AM.

#15 Rhent

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:25 PM

View PostJess Hazen, on 21 September 2013 - 09:34 AM, said:

hes pretty spot on in that 3pv rant. pgi has a finger up somewhere and they need to get it sorted.

The problem with Piranha is that the lead game designer cannot be so completely and utterly incompetent that he wouldn't realize what 3PV would to game play that he said blank it and just implemented it anyways. If the guy is that oblivious to what 3PV and Seismic has done to game play then he should not be allowed to make any major game design decisions. Move him to the art department.

#16 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:28 PM

View PostRhent, on 22 September 2013 - 02:25 PM, said:

The problem with Piranha is that the lead game designer cannot be so completely and utterly incompetent that he wouldn't realize what 3PV would to game play that he said blank it and just implemented it anyways. If the guy is that oblivious to what 3PV and Seismic has done to game play then he should not be allowed to make any major game design decisions. Move him to the art department.

I am hoping the current way 3rd person view is handled is temporary. Make it first 10 matches only, because it is a mech sim game breaker.

Or move it to knee height looking up to show the mech large size(3pv ruins scale, makes the cockpit half as good and generally sucks :P) and full rotate so it works to show the mech customisation.

#17 Riptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:46 PM

View PostRhent, on 22 September 2013 - 02:25 PM, said:

To bad that hes the one that gets to decide where anyone goes in the company isnt it?

#18 DeafCon

Clone

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:49 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 22 September 2013 - 09:28 PM, said:

I am hoping the current way 3rd person view is handled is temporary. Make it first 10 matches only, because it is a mech sim game breaker.

Or move it to knee height looking up to show the mech large size(3pv ruins scale, makes the cockpit half as good and generally sucks :)) and full rotate so it works to show the mech customisation.

Wow lol, he went on about 5 minutes more than I would have, but hes not entirely wrong. PGI do you really want all your youtube fan videos looking like this... Am really I the only one who thinks this video makes warz look like a ridiculous 1.5/10 metacritic game?

#19 Odins Fist

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:02 PM

View PostRhaythe, on 19 September 2013 - 05:21 AM, said:

I laughed so hard that I F.@rted 3 times in a row...
Funny stuff..!!!

#20 Odins Fist

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:07 PM

View PostDeafCon, on 24 September 2013 - 05:49 PM, said:

Am really I the only one who thinks this video makes warz look like a ridiculous 1.5/10 metacritic game?

It does, and it is...

Edited by Odins Fist, 24 September 2013 - 06:08 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users