Been Gone For Awhile

10 replies to this topic

#1 WaffleLord

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:19 AM

So, I haven't played teh game since before the repairs went away and am wondering what to do with my gaussapult now that it doesnt work as well. Any suggestions on what New mech to get (I had to get a smaller engine, the 150, a while back)?

#2 VXJaeger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:18 AM

Victor DS w/ 2*AC5+PPC+ER PPC is über.

#3 WaffleLord

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:06 AM

The Victor-95?

#4 VXJaeger

• The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:08 AM

Hero-Dragon Slayer. Although that weaponconf is the Cheese of the moment, so any mech that is capable of carrying it is viable.
I've found that Victors suit to me well, to you it might be something else.

Atleast get something with jump boots. In most new maps they are preciousssss....specially in Mordor and Canyon Pac-Man.

Edited by VXJaeger, 25 September 2013 - 09:13 AM.

#5 WaffleLord

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:12 AM

Ok, do they handle the same-ish as in mech warrior 4? Cause I want to try one before I get it.

#6 VXJaeger

• The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:15 AM

Dunno 'bout that, been so long that I've played MWish before MWO appeared.
Without Hero-mechs income-boost and premium you will not make any noticeable CBs.

Edited by VXJaeger, 25 September 2013 - 09:21 AM.

#7 Commander Kobold

• The Territorial
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:20 AM

your gausspult should work fine if you decide to learn the new mechanic instead of just dropping it if anything it's become even more survivable since it takes longer to nuke the gauss now.

#8 WaffleLord

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:27 AM

The problem with mine was I had to sell my engine and get a smaller one :) so I cant go faster than 37kph which means I'm dead once the lights get to me.

#9 Liquid Leopard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • LocationChesapeake, VA

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:59 AM

WaffleLord, you can still use the trial mechs if you want, and still earn C-Bills with them. You even earn XP for that chassis (though it's only useful if you buy your own later). My all-time favorite trial mech was the STK-5M we had a month ago. In my opinion, none of the current ones are as good, but if you have 30 frames per second or more, you can probably get some good practice with the current Jenner.

I can sorta relate to your problem because I once made the mistake of selling an engine. A month later I wanted that engine back.

I also really liked my CPLT-K2, but it's just not the same since PPCs got a nerf to their rate of fire, and then to their heat. I could put 2 x UAC/5 on it, but you can also do that with a Jagermech that carries the guns up high, shoots over terrain more easily, and might not draw as much fire. As much as I hate to say it, the CPLT-K2 may be obsolete.

Since then, the Cataphract is one of my favorite mechs. When I finally got a CTF-1X, I regretted not getting it sooner. At first I thought the combination of weapons, and the fact that they were lopsided, was a bit awkward. And, it ran hot even when I finally got Double Heat Sinks on it. Then I realized it was kicking more a$$ than my Catapults ever had. Now that I've sorted out my CTF-3D to my liking, it just might be my favorite mech. It can have 3 or 4 jump jets, and most of the same armament as the ground-bound CTF-1X.

Edited by Liquid Leopard, 25 September 2013 - 11:11 AM.

#10 WaffleLord

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:41 AM

Thats one I am looking into getting, mind you I also like playing those annoying jenners that are everywhere but infront of your guns. I had one with a PPC and SSRMs filling up everything else, good back when PPC's where good.

#11 BookWyrm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Menig Første Klasse
  • Menig Første Klasse
  • 365 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:18 PM

If you can stomach learning the gauss mechanic the Jagermech with dual gauss and a few medium lasers thrown in can do fairly well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users