- - - - -

Camo Question

9 replies to this topic

#1 Darramouss

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:57 AM

Hello all.

Thus far I've asked a few noob questions and everyone has been helpful. Thank you!!

With the camo patterns, I understand that the "single use" is just to apply that pattern once. If I replace it with another I have to repurchase it if I wish to use it again.

With the "unlock", I'm assuming it allows me to reapply it any number of times if I change the pattern in the future. Now, does unlock only apply to that single mech, every mech of that type, every mech in that weight class or every mech you own?

Cheers!!

#2 Hammerfinn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 745 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:01 AM

The perma-unlock applies to all mechs of the same chassis--ie, Awesomes. Or Cicadas. Or Commandos.

You should note that the "premium" patterns like Phranken do NOT come with the "default" colors for them. You'll have to unlock those or other colors to use them.

#3 Darramouss

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:16 AM

That's a shame. I was hoping that "unlock" gave you the pattern across all mechs.

When you unlock a colour it's unlocked for all mechs, though, isn't it?

#4 Swords to Plowshares

• PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:17 AM

That's right, purchased colours can be used on any of your mechs that accept re-colouring.

edit: Please note that the unique colours that are included in a Hero mech's skin do not constitute a 'purchased colour' and can not be applied to other mechs.

Edited by John Neil, 25 September 2013 - 09:19 AM.

#5 Darramouss

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:21 AM

Excellent. Thank you both for your replies. Greatly appreciated!!

#6 Pirate2Ninja

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:11 AM

I believe "unlock" applies camo over the weight class not just a chassis. I have not bought an unlock package so I can't confirm myself- However, the unlock package is 10x more expensive than a single and no chassis has 10 variants to make that any sort of logical purchase. If this is true then when you purchase unlock for a Commando you can use it on all your Commandos, Spiders, Jenners and Ravens because they are all lights. Same with Mediums, Heavies and Assaults - With the exception of hero mechs

Could some one confirm this?

Edited by Pirate2Ninja, 25 September 2013 - 10:13 AM.

#7 Hammerfinn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 745 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:15 AM

Pirate2Ninja--

Nope. It's the individual chassis. BUT, the unlock is permanent and can be removed, changed, and reapplied without repurchase. To get all lights, you would have to use an unlock for each chassis--Spider, Commando, Jenner, and Raven--individually.

#8 DEMAX51

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:28 AM

Yeah, sorry Pirate but you are mistaken. Unlocked camos only apply to all of the variants of one single chassi (such as "all of the Commandos"), not all of the variants of a single weight class. Colors, however, can be used on ANY Mech after they've been purchased.

The advantage of the unlock (even though it costs 10x what the single use costs) is that you can freely switch between your various owned camos and colors without having to repay for them. So for people who like to change their camo/color often, it is a better deal than the single use.

Edited by DEMAX51, 25 September 2013 - 12:24 PM.

#9 Pirate2Ninja

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:23 PM

Good to know, I don't change camo often

#10 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:55 PM

View PostPirate2Ninja, on 25 September 2013 - 12:23 PM, said:

Good to know, I don't change camo often

I don't either - but I am wary of the single use.... if only because if I do change camo later... that money is gone :D

Edit: on the other hand I only buy when they're on sale so... :)

Edited by Shar Wolf, 25 September 2013 - 12:56 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users