Taking Responsibility (Atd)

5 replies to this topic

#1 Thomas Covenant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationOn an adventure.

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:32 PM

Alright. So when a new ATD(Ask The Devs) appears, likes/votes will be poured into the first page, and semi trickle past that, often making the most popular questions not the most quality or truly most desired, had people seen more. We can complain about the format, which may serve a purpose, though I think it would be better if we take responsibility and get more organized on our end.

I propose in order to better voice the questions that we really want answered, we should have a Pre-ATD 48 thread of our own, where for a week we vote on the questions we want to ask.

We can use this Pre-ATD thread to get a top 5 for questions we really care about. I or anyone who is on can post the communities official top 5 questions list when when the ATD is released.

If this sounds like a good idea let me know.

#2 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:38 PM

Idea for you to volunteer for:

When the questions are closed to voting- create a thread (somewhere) with a poll (or polls) of TL:DR versions of the questions so people can vote on them.

This way we get a better spread from the community on which questions should receive nonanswers.

#3 Chemistry Warden

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 193 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:42 PM

While I think that this is a good idea, I'm not sure how much it will matter. If you look at the last AtD, most of the answers weren't even really answers.

#4 Thomas Covenant

• 1,186 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:20 PM

View PostLivewyr, on 25 September 2013 - 02:38 PM, said:

Idea for you to volunteer for:

When the questions are closed to voting- create a thread (somewhere) with a poll (or polls) of TL:DR versions of the questions so people can vote on them.

This way we get a better spread from the community on which questions should receive nonanswers.

For that to work it would need collaboration from the MWO staff to take note of these post ATD polls (any MWO staff floating around make some sound if that could maybe be a thing). The advantage of your idea is that people that don't see the poll we make could still have their question added to the poll.

Downsides include giving MWO staff less time to answer if they want to take into account our poll, unless I missunderstand your suggestion.

My pre ATD poll thread idea does have the downside of needing a ninja to put in the questions on the front page(or many ninjas on beck and call), though some form of collaboration from PGI honoring that we want to take greater charge/responsibility on our end could be the beginning of positive change on all party's accounts.

#5 Thomas Covenant

• 1,186 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:47 PM

Pre ATD 48 is up: http://mwomercs.com/...369-pre-atd-48/

#6 aniviron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:25 PM

View PostChemistry Warden, on 25 September 2013 - 02:42 PM, said:

While I think that this is a good idea, I'm not sure how much it will matter. If you look at the last AtD, most of the answers weren't even really answers.

Which makes one wonder how they selected the questions, as there were a number of questions that made it to the top in votes but which PGI declined to give (non) answers for.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users