Best Jagermech Jm6-Dd Build

50 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Sulli Van

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:43 PM

This is currently my favorite mech, as you have many options as to what you can do with it. I have developed many builds for this mech and have found success in a few.

Here is the best build I have developed for it thus far:

JM6-DD

With this build you can produce huge damage output. For having good firepower, It also has a decent speed of 67.3 or 74.0 with speed tweak and 384 armor so it can take quite a few shots before falling. The AMS will also prevent missiles from tearing up the chest too badly.

It shreds through targets when close up with the mg's and can snipe from a far range with the ac/5's. Any small mechs that come at you get eaten alive by the 3 mg's, as they have relatively low armor.

As far as I have experienced, I have been able to 1v1 all the mechs(tougher against atlas's but still winable). You will even find it easy to 1v2 in some instances as you can tear through most mechs quickly at close range.

I have had great results with this build, my best score thus far being 1304:

Posted Image

If you have any builds for this mech that you like or have any improvements to this build, please post them!

Edited by Hellsome, 25 September 2013 - 06:08 PM.

#2 Racklesnack

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 291 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:52 PM

This is the build I've been using for about a month and a half now and am loving the punch it has close up while still being able to ping people from a distance with the ac10.
JM6-DD

#3 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:53 PM

Here's the thing. As a new user in Middle Elo Land, this'll work fine. As you improve, though, this will get you absolutely murdered.

The concept is fine - 3AC5, 3MG, 2ML is a decent enough build.

Significant problems:

1) CASE is useless with XL engines. It doesn't prevent ammo explosions, it prevents them from carrying inwards. However, as you have an XL engine, if you have an ammo explosion in your side torso, it'll still kill you - it just won't damage your center torso. This is 2 slots and 1 ton wasted.
2) 20 leg armor is insufficient. Random fire and particularly SRM's and LRM's will tear out your legs in short order.
3) 8 tons of AC/5 ammo is extremely excessive. If you're actually burning through all of that, you need to aim better, but I suspect you're finishing most matches with LOTS of unused ammo. That's 1200 damage worth of AC5 ammo alone - you don't want to do that much damage in a match, it means you're spreading damage around too much. Generally speaking, look to 2 tons per gun base, and in the cases like this, try to reduce it more.

#4 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:57 PM

I'd try something like: JM6-DD

384 armor, 74kph, and AMS protection as well, which is important because your torso is huge and loves to absorb incoming missiles.

Or, if you're really against AMS, you can swap out the XL270 with an XL295.

#5 Shaftronics

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 65 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:01 PM

I'm surprised as to how a lance of lights hasn't chewed through your legs yet. I'm pretty sure 3 MGs aren't enough to deter determined Spider harassers who will test for weak legs on fire-support mechs.

#6 Mr Sulli Van

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:03 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 25 September 2013 - 05:57 PM, said:

I'd try something like: JM6-DD

384 armor, 74kph, and AMS protection as well, which is important because your torso is huge and loves to absorb incoming missiles.

Or, if you're really against AMS, you can swap out the XL270 with an XL295.

I see your points and actually like that build a lot better. I did not think about the C.A.S.E.'s as I just needed to fill the weight in, while there is clearly better things to put into that weight. This new build should improve the survivability a ton. Thanks for the advice!

#7 MadPanda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,054 posts
  • LocationSearching for a game...

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:17 PM

Quad ac5 is simply the best build you can make on the jager-DD. You get a long range Ac20 with 1.5sec cooldown and plenty of ammo. Mg's and ML's are useless clutter.

#8 Mr Sulli Van

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:43 PM

View PostMadPanda, on 25 September 2013 - 06:17 PM, said:

Quad ac5 is simply the best build you can make on the jager-DD. You get a long range Ac20 with 1.5sec cooldown and plenty of ammo. Mg's and ML's are useless clutter.

You say useless clutter while ML's are the most used weapon in the game. I would like to see you use that build with more effectiveness than this one. AC/5's may be good but you don't have anything to back them up. A skilled player playing both of these builds would easily be more effective with MG's and ML's. This build is based around 3 AC/5's and 2 ML's to take out their armor fast so that the MG's can mow through their interiors. If you look at the mechlabs of both these builds you would notice the sustainable DPS is more than double on the build I posted.

#9 Screech

• Knight Errant
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:23 PM

If running a 270XL might as well get a 275XL, only .5ton more but get the extra internal heatsink slot. Makes the engine more versatile for other builds. May not be a big deal for some, but at about 4.5million like to get the biggest bang for buck.

#10 Mr Sulli Van

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:38 PM

View PostScreech, on 25 September 2013 - 07:23 PM, said:

If running a 270XL might as well get a 275XL, only .5ton more but get the extra internal heatsink slot. Makes the engine more versatile for other builds. May not be a big deal for some, but at about 4.5million like to get the biggest bang for buck.

At that point just go with the 280XL. 275 and 280 are the same weight. However, .5 tons is 16 armor. So the real question is, 2.5(2.8 speed tweak)kph faster, or 16 armor less. What's the better deal?

#11 Cuddlytron

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 84 posts
  • LocationRichland, WA

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:42 PM

I like 2 AC10s / LB-10Xs with 4 MGs and 2 MLs. I'll have to try the 3 AC5 build - looks interesting.

Personally, I'm a believer in packing 3-4 MGs on the DD with your other 2-3 heavy ballistics. Not useless clutter at all. Once you've exposed a component, you can pop mechs in a real hurry with those 3-4 MGs blazing away. And yes - agreed that MGs help with lights - especially good for taking out their legs when armor is stripped. :)

#12 MadPanda

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,054 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:23 PM

View PostHellsome, on 25 September 2013 - 06:43 PM, said:

You say useless clutter while ML's are the most used weapon in the game. I would like to see you use that build with more effectiveness than this one. AC/5's may be good but you don't have anything to back them up. A skilled player playing both of these builds would easily be more effective with MG's and ML's. This build is based around 3 AC/5's and 2 ML's to take out their armor fast so that the MG's can mow through their interiors. If you look at the mechlabs of both these builds you would notice the sustainable DPS is more than double on the build I posted.

What do you think mows down internals faster, 2 Mg's or quad Ac5? I think you are new to the game so I'm not gonna be harsh here. If you enjoy your build then stick with it, but please don't declare it as the "best build".

#13 Mr Sulli Van

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:29 PM

View PostMadPanda, on 25 September 2013 - 08:23 PM, said:

What do you think mows down internals faster, 2 Mg's or quad Ac5? I think you are new to the game so I'm not gonna be harsh here. If you enjoy your build then stick with it, but please don't declare it as the "best build".

"new" my build has thought put into it. All the players think quad AC/5 the best because they don't understand how to work the mechanics of the game to the best extent.
plus im not saying its overall the best build. that depends on playstyle. However I am saying it is the best one I have found. So **** off if it doesnt fit your playstyle and go play a build you like better.

Edited by Hellsome, 25 September 2013 - 08:35 PM.

#14 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:45 PM

View PostHellsome, on 25 September 2013 - 07:38 PM, said:

At that point just go with the 280XL. 275 and 280 are the same weight. However, .5 tons is 16 armor. So the real question is, 2.5(2.8 speed tweak)kph faster, or 16 armor less. What's the better deal?

I'd forgoe the armour, specifically from the arms.

The Yager's arms are teeny, tiny, anorexically hitboxed death machines. I've run hundreds of matches with lower arm protection, and can count my de-clawings on one hand.

As a test, I recently ran 32 matches with a single point of armour in each arm, using dual gauss. Aside from a vague sense of shame, the only ill effects suffered were torso eviscerations, and only one spectacular death from gauss explosion to an already weakened side torso.

#15 MadPanda

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,054 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:51 PM

View PostHellsome, on 25 September 2013 - 08:29 PM, said:

All the players think quad AC/5 the best because they don't understand how to work the mechanics of the game to the best extent.

I'm always willing to learn. Please explain what you mean by that.

View PostHellsome, on 25 September 2013 - 08:29 PM, said:

plus im not saying its overall the best build. that depends on playstyle. However I am saying it is the best one I have found. So **** off if it doesnt fit your playstyle and go play a build you like better.

Your topic title is "Best jagermech jmd6-dd build". If it doesn't reflect what you mean then perhaps you should change it.

#16 Mr Sulli Van

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:38 PM

View PostMadPanda, on 25 September 2013 - 08:51 PM, said:

I'm always willing to learn. Please explain what you mean by that.

The 4x AC/5 sure do put out a lot of damage, however they are quite heavy and do not provide the max amount of damage output that we can put into this mech(that is unless you are far away). With 3 MG's instead of the one AC/5 your get more damage and survivability in your build. We are looking at 5.5 more tons of weight we have to spare when we replace the one AC/5 with 3 MG's and 1 ton of MG ammo. That translates into 176 armor points.

The damage comarison is also large. 1 AC/5 will produce ~3.33dps while 3 MG's will produce ~3dps. While it seems that the AC/5 will have better dps by these results, this is only true if we are shooting only armored spots on a enemy mech. This is what the other 3 AC/5's are for(to take out the armor). The fact is that the MG's will do a lot more dmg hitting the unarmored spots because of their crit potential (while the ac/5 will still do the same amount to unarmored spots). Here are the stats:

MG's have a 52% chance to crit.
1x Crit = 31%
2x Crit = 17%
3x Crit = 4%
Total Crit Chance = 52%
Each crit does the following amount of damage:
1x Crit = .9 Damage
2x Crit = 1.8 Damage
3x Crit = 2.7 Damage
Average Critical DPS: 6.93

6.93 * .52 = 3.6dps

As you can see from the results above, when we factor in the crits to the 3x MG's dps of 3 we will get a much higher dps in general from the MG's.
So, with the MG's giving more free weight and more dps(on unarmored parts of a mech), we see that having 3x MG's is a much better deal.

This is what i mean by working the mechanics of the game to the best extent(surely not to the greatest extent but it's somewhat up there). If we take the information we know about the game and get the statistics, we can best forge builds from this data to reach the max potential.

View PostMadPanda, on 25 September 2013 - 08:51 PM, said:

Your topic title is "Best jagermech jmd6-dd build". If it doesn't reflect what you mean then perhaps you should change it.

This title is an opinion, so it IS reflecting what I mean. I am simply stating what I think is the best build for this varient. Others might think differently however I have the title as is to signify that this is what I found to be the best.

#17 MadPanda

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,054 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:01 PM

View PostHellsome, on 25 September 2013 - 09:38 PM, said:

The 4x AC/5 sure do put out a lot of damage, however they are quite heavy and do not provide the max amount of damage output that we can put into this mech(that is unless you are far away). With 3 MG's instead of the one AC/5 your get more damage and survivability in your build. We are looking at 5.5 more tons of weight we have to spare when we replace the one AC/5 with 3 MG's and 1 ton of MG ammo. That translates into 176 armor points.

The damage comarison is also large. 1 AC/5 will produce ~3.33dps while 3 MG's will produce ~3dps. While it seems that the AC/5 will have better dps by these results, this is only true if we are shooting only armored spots on a enemy mech. This is what the other 3 AC/5's are for(to take out the armor). The fact is that the MG's will do a lot more dmg hitting the unarmored spots because of their crit potential (while the ac/5 will still do the same amount to unarmored spots). Here are the stats:

MG's have a 52% chance to crit.
1x Crit = 31%
2x Crit = 17%
3x Crit = 4%
Total Crit Chance = 52%
Each crit does the following amount of damage:
1x Crit = .9 Damage
2x Crit = 1.8 Damage
3x Crit = 2.7 Damage
Average Critical DPS: 6.93

6.93 * .52 = 3.6dps

As you can see from the results above, when we factor in the crits to the 3x MG's dps of 3 we will get a much higher dps in general from the MG's.
So, with the MG's giving more free weight and more dps(on unarmored parts of a mech), we see that having 3x MG's is a much better deal.

This is what i mean by working the mechanics of the game to the best extent(surely not to the greatest extent but it's somewhat up there). If we take the information we know about the game and get the statistics, we can best forge builds from this data to reach the max potential.

You can only crit on components which means weapons, items (ecm, bap, heatsinks) and ammo. You can't crit on internals so your mg dps is always 1.

#18 Mr Sulli Van

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:09 PM

View PostMadPanda, on 25 September 2013 - 10:01 PM, said:

You can only crit on components which means weapons, items (ecm, bap, heatsinks) and ammo. You can't crit on internals so your mg dps is always 1.

Ah but you forgot to apply the critical damage transfer. 15% percent of the damage a crit deals to a component, regardless if it landed on an item, is also dealt to the Internal Structure of the component.
So, we are actually doing damage to both the items on crit and the internal structure. This adds to the effect of the MG's by making it so we have chances to rip out certain items in the component while we are still putting the dps on the actual interial structure.

#19 MadPanda

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,054 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:31 PM

View PostHellsome, on 25 September 2013 - 10:09 PM, said:

Ah but you forgot to apply the critical damage transfer. 15% percent of the damage a crit deals to a component, regardless if it landed on an item, is also dealt to the Internal Structure of the component.
So, we are actually doing damage to both the items on crit and the internal structure. This adds to the effect of the MG's by making it so we have chances to rip out certain items in the component while we are still putting the dps on the actual interial structure.

I did not know that there was a damage transfer from a crit. May I ask what your source for that is?

#20 Mr Sulli Van

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:42 PM

View PostMadPanda, on 25 September 2013 - 11:31 PM, said:

I did not know that there was a damage transfer from a crit. May I ask what your source for that is?

Yeah, all the info I included on criticals can be found here: http://mwomercs.com/...-a-brief-guide/
It's a very interesting article and I enjoyed reading all of it as it had a lot of cool things I did not know such as that in it!

Edited by Hellsome, 26 September 2013 - 12:06 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users