- - - - -

Unlocking Efficiencies Question

11 replies to this topic

#1 Darramouss

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:13 PM

Hello all.

It's my understanding that when you complete the Basic Efficiencies on three mechs of the same chassis type you unlock the Elite Efficiencies for that chassis only. Then, when you complete three Elite Efficiencies in the same weight class you unlock Mater Efficiency for that entire weight class.

Currently I have three Hunchbacks and am completing the Basic Efficiencies on the last one. This will unlock Elite Efficiencies for the Hunchback chassis. Once that is done I'd like to sell two of the Hunchbacks and keep only one.

Now, if I sell two Hunchbacks the Elite Efficiency for the Hunchback class will stay and count towards unlocking Master Efficiency, won't it? Put another way, do I have to keep all mechs until I unlock Master Efficiency or can I sell them when that chassis has had Elite Efficiency unlocked?

My guess is that I can sell them but I'd really hate it if I sold them and then had to buy them back later. Better safe than sorry!!

Thank you!!

#2 CrashieJ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • LocationGalatea (Mercenary's Star)

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:23 PM

as long as you have 3 Hunchbacks with at least the Elite Proffs in progress, then you can sell those 2 and complete the third>

IE

Hunchback 1 - completed and sold
Hunchback 2 - completed and sold
Hunchback 3 - in progress

#3 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:28 PM

It is my understanding that you have to own 3 of the chassis/weight to get the benefit - not just unlock it on 3...

But I could be wrong as I have yet to reach that point myself either >.>

(to be precise I have all 4 centurion elited, but as I have not sold any - nor bought any other mediums I wouldn't know)

#4 scJazz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • LocationNew London, CT

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:30 PM

View Postgavilatius, on 25 September 2013 - 07:23 PM, said:

as long as you have 3 Hunchbacks with at least the Elite Proffs in progress, then you can sell those 2 and complete the third>

IE

Hunchback 1 - completed and sold
Hunchback 2 - completed and sold
Hunchback 3 - in progress

Correct!

#5 focuspark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:33 PM

complete 3 basic efficient levels of a given chassis' variants and you unlock elite. do the same three elite level completions and unlock mastery.

#6 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:13 PM

You only have to keep all of them if you want to get Elite on all three. At one point I had all 3 Ravens...once I got Elite on one, I sold it, did the 2nd one and sold it, and then got Elite on the 3rd and slowly working on Master for it.

With my Jenner's, I just did Basic and sold two as I did it, now working on eliting Sarah's as I will auto have the Master's slot thanks to the Ravens. Oh and one day I will own a second Jaeger and start all over again :)

#7 Darramouss

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:24 PM

Thanks once again for prompt and thorough questions.

One day I'll actually know enough stuff to not ask noob questions. Until then, you have my thanks!!

#8 Johnny Reb

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,945 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio. However, I hate the Suckeyes!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:37 PM

No, if you want all the next mediums to go to master must have 3 in the weight classed all with unlocked elite. If you only unlock one Hunch with elite and sell the other 2 you will still need 2 more in the same weight class(mediums) thru elite till you can go master. I am not certain but believe if you get all 3 Hunchies thru elite and sell 2, you still have completed the requirement for any other medium mech. Hence once thru basic can sell 2 and the one you want can go thru master.

I am not certain because I have never tried without 3 elited mechs in the weight class after selling the others.

#9 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:44 PM

View PostDarramouss, on 25 September 2013 - 09:24 PM, said:

Thanks once again for prompt and thorough questions.

One day I'll actually know enough stuff to not ask noob questions. Until then, you have my thanks!!

One never knows enough not to ask newb questions - there is always something one overlooks or forgets :)

#10 Johnny Reb

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,945 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio. However, I hate the Suckeyes!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:58 PM

View PostscJazz, on 25 September 2013 - 07:30 PM, said:

Correct!

Yes, but only the Hunchies, not the other medium mechs.

#11 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:13 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 25 September 2013 - 07:28 PM, said:

It is my understanding that you have to own 3 of the chassis/weight to get the benefit - not just unlock it on 3...

But I could be wrong as I have yet to reach that point myself either >.>

(to be precise I have all 4 centurion elited, but as I have not sold any - nor bought any other mediums I wouldn't know)

This is not correct, Shar. You might be thinking about converting 'Mech XP to GXP, which you can only do if you currently own the 'Mech?

#12 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:04 PM

View PostDEMAX51, on 25 September 2013 - 10:13 PM, said:

This is not correct, Shar.

I've been wrong before, odds are I will be wrong again.

I was not thinking of conversions - I have only sold two mechs, 2 Commando to be precise, but as I owned 3 others - I have no experience with the limitations... or even really an idea of how one would go about finding out for themselves without spending a fortune.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users