#41 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,586 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:10 PM

View PostKochab, on 25 September 2013 - 10:37 PM, said:

I am completely new to the game. I was playing one of my first few rounds and I saw an AFK mech and so I killed it. The other players gave me a hard time about it but I dont understand why - They would say things like "You just had to kill the AFK". Is not a kill a kill?

It is not a problem to kill enemy AFK mechs. It is not your fault that they are not at their keyboards. If I see an enemy mech standing still, I will presume that they have disconnected from the game and kill them. Even if they haven't DCed, I will not take the risk of them killing me because I didn't kill them when I had the chance.

#42 Johnny Reb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,945 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio. However, I hate the Suckeyes!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:44 PM

Nothing wrong with killing either an afk or a dc, just make it fast, i.e. head. Unless, you break from a real fight to do it!

#43 RiotHero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 311 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:00 PM

Kill every Mech and let God sort'em out.

#44 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:27 AM

Its the only way to be Sure.
Posted Image

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 27 September 2013 - 06:27 AM.

#45 oldradagast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:10 AM

Killing them on your own team is still a team kill and not right, IMHO:

1) In many cases, the game disconnected them - they didn't chose to abandon the team, and the game does not always display "disconnect" when somebody is booted out.

2) You also don't know if they'll be back. I've seen instances where a guy is AFK early in the match and then rejoins later because real life required immediate attention. No point in killing somebody who might come back to help out later.

As for killing enemy AFK's, yeah sure - they still count as the bad guy and there's no good reason to wait for them to come back. Just don't ever focus fire on them if there's still a real threat you could be shooting at instead. However, if the real fight is on the other side of the map and your team is not losing, kill the AFK and then move on since there's always a chance the guy might rejoin later.

Edited by oldradagast, 27 September 2013 - 08:11 AM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users