The Feel Of 3Rd Person.

4 replies to this topic

#1 Antasius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:27 AM

This is not a post about whether 3rd person is viable or not. So please, please no flames. This is about the "feel of 3rd person" as it relates to the BT/MW universe.

I will pose a couple of questions to you all and make a couple of observations of my own, then I'm outy.

First: How would you improve the 3rd person synchronization, or morph - as it were, into 1st person?

As it stands, we just "kind of magically" leave the cockpit through the back armour. This doesn't feel right to me. This would be a drone view I am gathering, but no drone launch system or graphic exists. I would also dare to suggest that little drone would/should be target-able.

Second: What effects should accompany this, and is the speed of entering/exiting 3rd person working for you?

I would say a little, target-able fuel-smoking drone is needed. and the reaction times for the thing are just about right.

What say you all?

#2 Stardancer01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 353 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:08 AM

Have a periscope/flip screen come down (or in the case of a commando have the red monocle slide across) and a little hatch opens and close as the camera drone flies in and out. A bit of camera graining or/and slight ‘green’ stained picture while looking through the camera scope. '' colour and periscope/flip screen dependent on mech.

Edited by Stardancer01, 26 September 2013 - 02:43 PM.

#3 Roland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:10 AM

Have the view tilt down and look at a monitor screen showing the 3rd person view.

Ultimately though, your goal here is kind of pointless....

If you want immersion, you don't play in third person view. So trying to make third person view more immersive is kind of a waste of time.

#4 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:48 AM

For realism the action to go "3rd person view" could be similar to the mech start up procedure. It could show the pilot actually reaching forward and pressing a large appropiately marked button saying "eject" then the scene could show the pilot "launched" into the air, where the player has a good 10 second "third person view" before watching the mech go boom.

You didnt say no weak attempts at comedy :huh:

Edited by Johnny Z, 26 September 2013 - 09:56 AM.

#5 Antasius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:24 PM

Hmm.. What about a 'free-look' button when the drone is up and running. Like a simple camera-locked 3D pan of yer mech. Because seeing your front side would be just nifty. Not tactical at all, as this free floating view wouldn't be linked to your cross hairs - But a good vanity view to kill time at the beginning of a match or during training mode.

And I love the idea of an eject view and an eject button in general. +1 ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users