Here's An Original (Not Really) Idea, Pgi

1 reply to this topic

#1 NotEnoughDakkaDakka

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:48 PM

Why don't you, y'know, change the heat system a bit?

Homeless Bill's idea is a really good place to start, for one.

However, imagine that we had true 2.0 DHS, no ghost heat, and Medium Lasers were 3 heat apiece, just like in TT. (Rate of fire, I know, but bear with me here.)

At 0.75 heat a second, putting nine of them on a Hunchback 4P (Scary, right?) would have something like this, if I were to make it;
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...403bfc0307c9787

Eighteen double heat sinks would have a 3.6 heat dissapation per second, though it would generate 27 heat to fire.

Here's the kicker; LOWER THE FRICKIN' HEAT CAP WITH DHS TO 1.0 PER SINK. Suddenly, your heat cap is only 38, as opposed to 56. To add to this, add heat penalties (Not ghost heat, you morons, actual movement penalties, reticule fade/shake, HUD being messed up, etc) to the mix.

Suddenly, you're at 71% heat for alpha striking, and over the next three seconds of cooling down, you go down by 10.8 heat, to 16.2 heat. Alpha striking will STILL overheat you if you fire.

This is without efficiencies. Add on 20% additional heat cap (+7.6 heat) and 15% disappation (now 4.14 heat cooled/sec) and you get 45.6 heat cap.

Without going further into the maths, maybe add intelligent heat management (Hunch firing only, or arms in one group and hunch+head in a second group) to the mix. 'Mechs won't be able to alpha as often without fear of instantly shutting down due to the massively LOWER heat cap, single heat sinks will actually have SOME use (Slower cooling, but more of them with slots for higher heat capacity), and 'Mechs will live longer because not all the damage will be pinpoint all the time. However, good pilots will be REWARDED for good heat management.

Single heat sinks will still be kinda bad, but they need a thread of their own for this, or we'd need to discuss it a bit more.

Thoughts on my inane ramblings?

(No 3-second Jenners on the backs of Atlases, please. Paul was a moron when he made that comment.)

#2 Captain Stiffy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:50 PM

You are basically asking them to remake the game in your own design.

The ripples of a change like that would cause them to have to re-balance every single other thing in the game against it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users