- - - - -

Buy Elite Skills Without 3 Mech's?

18 replies to this topic

#1 Qazo

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:57 AM

Hello i'm wondering can i buy elite skills earning only one mech?
For example i buy AS7-D and buy him all 8 basick skills then i sell him and buy next one AS7-RS buy all 8 basick skills and sell him like i made it witch the first one and then i buy the third one AS7-K buy him all 8 basick skills and the question is can i buy him all elite skills? In my opinion i think yes i can but i'm not sure on 100% so i need your help Pilot's!
I hope this post will help more people then only me.

#2 Racklesnack

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 291 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:06 AM

Yes you can but you should keep them if you want to unlock master.

#3 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:07 AM

Yes you can get the Elite skills with your method, What you can not get however is the Master Skill (one extra Module slot). You would need to rebuy all 3 Mechs, get them through Elite and then you can unlock Master.

#4 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,887 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:08 AM

Yes, you do want to get to master with your chassis of choice; so even if you decide you don't want say, the Cataphract 4X, you should still keep it until you are able to unlock the Master level skill in all of them.

#5 kravkalash

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • 17 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:39 AM

You should also remember that you dont necessarily need 3 Elite mechs of the same chassis to unlock Master, just 3 Elite mechs of the same weight class. So you don't have to keep all 3 Cataphracts around if you don't like them to master one, as long as you have an Elite Dragon and an Elite Jagermech in your mechbay.

#6 Qazo

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:18 AM

Thx m8's for help and for quick answer!
GL friend's i hope i will find you all at the battlefield xD

#7 Sadistic Savior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:35 AM

I personally have never missed the extra module slot. IMO, Elite is all you really need anyway. Screw Master.

#8 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:10 AM

You can do this, but you'd better make damn sure that you don't want the variants you're selling or else you're going to be wasting a whole lot of c-bills buying them a second time.

#9 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:38 AM

View PostRushin Roulette, on 27 September 2013 - 03:07 AM, said:

Yes you can get the Elite skills with your method, What you can not get however is the Master Skill (one extra Module slot). You would need to rebuy all 3 Mechs, get them through Elite and then you can unlock Master.

That's one way, but not the only way. You need all Elite skills on three mechs of the same CLASS not CHASSIS. So if you followed the same plan with the Victor and the Awesome, then you would unlock Master on all Assault class mechs.

It's just a lot cheaper to do it with the first chassis.

For example, I got Elite skills with all three Ravens (2X, 4X, and 3L) so I unlocked Master. Then I sold the X's, got Basic on three Jenners, sold two, and working on Elite with the third. Once I get it, Master will be unlocked since I already have Elite on 3 Light mechs.

Edited by Nick Makiaveli, 27 September 2013 - 08:40 AM.

#10 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,887 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:15 AM

View Postkravkalash, on 27 September 2013 - 03:39 AM, said:

You should also remember that you dont necessarily need 3 Elite mechs of the same chassis to unlock Master, just 3 Elite mechs of the same weight class. So you don't have to keep all 3 Cataphracts around if you don't like them to master one, as long as you have an Elite Dragon and an Elite Jagermech in your mechbay.

That can't be right. I had to grind up all three of my Jenners individually, even though I had a mastered Spider sitting in the 'mech bay.

#11 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:18 AM

View PostVoid Angel, on 27 September 2013 - 10:15 AM, said:

That can't be right. I had to grind up all three of my Jenners individually, even though I had a mastered Spider sitting in the 'mech bay.

You need to grind 3 of a chassis through BASIC in order to progress to Elite on any of them, but once you've Elited 3 mechs within a WEIGHT CLASS you can master any 'Mech in that weight class.

#12 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,887 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:53 PM

That did not seem to be the case mastering my Jenners after getting master unlocked on my Spider. I'll have to test it more when my Phoenix 'mechs come in.

#13 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:55 PM

View PostSadistic Savior, on 27 September 2013 - 06:35 AM, said:

I personally have never missed the extra module slot. IMO, Elite is all you really need anyway. Screw Master.

Completionists like me are compelled to go all the way.

I expect (and dread!) that PGI are going to add a category above Master in UI 2.0. And it will take 100K to get there.

Remember, you read it here first.

#14 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:32 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 27 September 2013 - 01:53 PM, said:

That did not seem to be the case mastering my Jenners after getting master unlocked on my Spider. I'll have to test it more when my Phoenix 'mechs come in.

Trust me, man. This is definitely the case.

View PostAppogee, on 27 September 2013 - 01:55 PM, said:

Completionists like me are compelled to go all the way.

I expect (and dread!) that PGI are going to add a category above Master in UI 2.0. And it will take 100K to get there.

Remember, you read it here first.

Personally, I love having the extra module slot on just about any 'Mech. Modules are very useful. And I thought the same thing about a level beyond master.

#15 Scandinavian Jawbreaker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,251 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFinland

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:54 PM

edit. Misunderstood stuff

Edited by IV Amen, 27 September 2013 - 08:07 PM.

#16 Hexenhammer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:01 PM

View Postkravkalash, on 27 September 2013 - 03:39 AM, said:

Really? First time I'm hearing this.

Someone spell it out for me.

Edited by Hexenhammer, 27 September 2013 - 08:17 PM.

#17 Lord Baldric

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationSlightly to the left of sanity

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:00 PM

View PostHexenhammer, on 27 September 2013 - 08:01 PM, said:

Really? First time I'm hearing this.

Someone spell it out for me.

For example in my mech tree i have run elite on 3 jenners and mastered the one I regularly use. On my raven I have 8/8 basic on 3 but only elite and master on the one i use. Same with my spider.

Unlocking Elite efficiencies requires 3 variants of the same chassis to max out basic. (3 ravens with 8/8 basic unlocks elite)
Unlocking Master requires 3 Chassis from the same Weight class. (Any 3 lights 4/4 elite unlocks Master for the weight class)

Unlocking master for a weight class does not mean you do not have to 8/8 basic on 3 variants to unlock elite. That is chassis specific.

Example.

8/8 basic on 3 jenners, 3 spiders and 3 ravens.
4/4 elite on 1 jenner, 1 spider and 1 raven.
Can now master the 3 elited mechs.

Granted in my example you could level 3 ravens 8/8 basic then 4/4 elite and unlock master for the weight class that way as well.

Now i go to level a commando. I need 8/8 basic on 3 variants to access elite for that chassis. After which I can level just one If i choose through elite as i just unlocked it. And to master because I already have 3 mechs from that weight class at 4/4 elite.

The misconception that is that master is chassis specific. If you like I can post screens of my mech trees.

Edited by Lord Baldric, 27 September 2013 - 09:05 PM.

#18 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:02 PM

View PostLord Baldric, on 27 September 2013 - 09:00 PM, said:

For example in my mech tree i have run elite on 3 jenners and mastered the one I regularly use. On my raven I have 8/8 basic on 3 but only elite and master on the one i use. Same with my spider.

Unlocking Elite efficiencies requires 3 variants of the same chassis to max out basic. (3 ravens with 8/8 basic unlocks elite)
Unlocking Master requires 3 Chassis from the same Weight class. (Any 3 lights 4/4 elite unlocks Master for the weight class)

Unlocking master for a weight class does not mean you do not have to 8/8 basic on 3 variants to unlock elite. That is chassis specific.

Example.

Granted in my example you could level 3 ravens 8/8 basic then 4/4 elite and unlock master for the weight class that way as well.

Now i go to level a commando. I need 8/8 basic on 3 variants to access elite for that chassis. After which I can level just one If i choose through elite as i just unlocked it. And to master because I already have 3 mechs from that weight class at 4/4 elite.

The misconception that is that master is chassis specific. If you like I can post screens of my mech trees.

This is exactly correct and well stated.

#19 Hexenhammer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:12 PM

View PostLord Baldric, on 27 September 2013 - 09:00 PM, said:

Example.

Damn.I wonder what else I'm missing.

Thanks for the explanation. Its time to level up some Heavies!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users