#41 Redscyte

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 63 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 05:55 PM

View PostCloves, on 06 June 2018 - 05:29 PM, said:

Holy necropost Batman!

So you could not get a lock on a locust? My guess with ECM? You had a Beagle Probe and a Tag laser, but could not get a lock? Odds are there was another ECM enemy mech nearby and you could not hold your tag laser on the dodging locust long enough to acquire a lock. I don’t think stealth armor has any additional effect in this case. If he was the only ECM mech nearby, your beagle would cancel his ECM and you would have to hold your laser on him to speed up a lock, it it would still not be instant and his radar derp would probably keep him safe long enough for him to completely flee the scene on most maps. How does your sensor tree look?

I just set it up for lock duration. But i never got a single lock came across him 3 times on the map. First encounter there was no second ECM he was out on his own. 2nd time again on his own around homies, 3rd didnt even bother bc i knew it was a bust. But the first time i had him dead to rights 100m, tag on him just couldnt get a lock, maybe streaks have minimum lock on now...¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Redscyte, 06 June 2018 - 05:56 PM.

#42 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,661 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 06 June 2018 - 06:18 PM

Did you have a target lock? Was it a Pirate's Bane?

#43 Cloves

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 561 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 07:11 PM

He is saying he never got a single lock at point blank range on a pirates bane that he held a tag on for an infinite amount of time, while he had a beagle active probe and no other hostile mechs where around. Twice. Then gave up withe the tag on the third sighting, still no lock. So massive never truely documented bug, and the worlds worst PB pilot. All I can think of is huge ping times involved on both players.

Edited by Cloves, 06 June 2018 - 07:20 PM.

#44 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 06 June 2018 - 07:29 PM

View PostRedscyte, on 06 June 2018 - 05:55 PM, said:

I just set it up for lock duration. But i never got a single lock came across him 3 times on the map. First encounter there was no second ECM he was out on his own. 2nd time again on his own around homies, 3rd didnt even bother bc i knew it was a bust. But the first time i had him dead to rights 100m, tag on him just couldnt get a lock, maybe streaks have minimum lock on now...¯\_(ツ)_/¯

View PostCloves, on 06 June 2018 - 07:11 PM, said:

He is saying he never got a single lock at point blank range on a pirates bane that he held a tag on for an infinite amount of time, while he had a beagle active probe and no other hostile mechs where around. Twice. Then gave up withe the tag on the third sighting, still no lock. So massive never truely documented bug, and the worlds worst PB pilot. All I can think of is huge ping times involved on both players.

To answer this (on a very necroed thread mind), it was probably a Pirates Bane with ECM and Stealth armor. If a mech has stealth armor on their mech, and it is activated, then no one can get a lock on the mech (besides maybe with a UAV, but I don't know for certain). This does also mean that, no lock, no missile lock and thus, no SSRMs will shoot.

Remember the penalties for that Stealth armor though. No weight savings from any FF possibilities, it requires ECM and also a mech can not cool off while it has stealth armor engaged. So, it's got fairly big penalties for it's trade offs...

#45 Cloves

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 561 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 09:26 PM

View PostTesunie, on 06 June 2018 - 07:29 PM, said:

To answer this (on a very necroed thread mind), it was probably a Pirates Bane with ECM and Stealth armor. If a mech has stealth armor on their mech, and it is activated, then no one can get a lock on the mech (besides maybe with a UAV, but I don't know for certain). This does also mean that, no lock, no missile lock and thus, no SSRMs will shoot.

Remember the penalties for that Stealth armor though. No weight savings from any FF possibilities, it requires ECM and also a mech can not cool off while it has stealth armor engaged. So, it's got fairly big penalties for it's trade offs...

I stand corrected.

Sorry, I had read on this forum from multiple posters (including folks like bombast) that it was defeated by application of tag or narc. Since I do not narc or run streaks myself, I had not thought to test this myself. I do lrm with a tag from time to time and will check this out if I can restrain myself from fireing all my lasers at once against a stealthed, largely LRM immune mech. From practical experience without the stealth armor in the PB, streaks really are not much of a threat because I keep my engagement times low and my cover times high. Any lock on time at all and the short range nature of srms make them less scary, kind of like short range LRMs. Being made of paper does that to you.

#46 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 07 June 2018 - 05:57 AM

View PostCloves, on 06 June 2018 - 09:26 PM, said:

I stand corrected.

Sorry, I had read on this forum from multiple posters (including folks like bombast) that it was defeated by application of tag or narc. Since I do not narc or run streaks myself, I had not thought to test this myself. I do lrm with a tag from time to time and will check this out if I can restrain myself from fireing all my lasers at once against a stealthed, largely LRM immune mech. From practical experience without the stealth armor in the PB, streaks really are not much of a threat because I keep my engagement times low and my cover times high. Any lock on time at all and the short range nature of srms make them less scary, kind of like short range LRMs. Being made of paper does that to you.

NARC and TAG might counter Stealth armor for all I know. It's still new, and not a lot of people use it right now. I know a AP might counter the ECM, but I've been told it doesn't counter Stealth, so there is that.

Sounds like something for a private lobby test to me...

#47 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 09 June 2018 - 02:59 AM

IIRC, you can't get a missile lock on a mech with active Stealth Armor even if you're able to lock it as a target.

#48 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 08:36 AM

View PostHorseman, on 09 June 2018 - 02:59 AM, said:

IIRC, you can't get a missile lock on a mech with active Stealth Armor even if you're able to lock it as a target.

I didn't even know you could get one as a target.

I usually just shoot 'em blind. I mean I've always been kinda good at that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users