Cold Blood Sale

11 replies to this topic

#1 SnowdogJJJ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationNorth East PA

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:14 AM

Help me understand:
"Tartan permanent patterns are .. unlocked for all `Mechs within a Chassis type. Tartan Red, Blue & Green are 50% off.
.. Camo Blue Colors are 50% off the MC price."

So I can only use the unlocked color for a given chassis type meaning if I buy this for my Cataphract, I can not use the color on my Victor and other mechs?

Did I get that wrong? Or is it tha6t the patterns are for a chassis type but the colors are unlocked fro all mechs

Edited by SnowdogJJJ, 27 September 2013 - 09:17 AM.

#2 SjurWarEagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:16 AM

No chassis means "all Cataphracts" read it as "mech type".

#3 Hexenhammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:17 AM

And if you buy a color it's unlocked for every mech

#4 Jestun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:26 AM

Pattern - limited to that chassis.
Paint - universal for all mechs.

#5 SnowdogJJJ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationNorth East PA

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:40 AM

Thank you, was it confusing or am I just a dumb ***. :) maybe both?

#6 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:55 AM

No, the descriptions have been unclear since forever.

#7 EyeDie I

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:22 AM

1 time use patters cover 1 mech, the chassis pattern costs maybe 10x but covers only mechs of that chassis so 10x to pattern 4 or 5 mechs.

#8 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:33 AM

View PostEyeDie I, on 28 September 2013 - 09:22 AM, said:

1 time use patters cover 1 mech, the chassis pattern costs maybe 10x but covers only mechs of that chassis so 10x to pattern 4 or 5 mechs.

This is true. However, if you like to try out many different camo patterns, getting the permanent chassis pattern for the ones you really like is a good thing. That way you don't have to keep buying single use ones to return to the good pattern.

Single use patterns are good if you only switch a few times. But in the long run the permanent patterns will save you money, for the patterns you really like.

#9 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:49 AM

View PostSnowdogJJJ, on 27 September 2013 - 09:14 AM, said:

Help me understand:
"Tartan permanent patterns are .. unlocked for all `Mechs within a Chassis type. Tartan Red, Blue & Green are 50% off.
.. Camo Blue Colors are 50% off the MC price."

So I can only use the unlocked color for a given chassis type meaning if I buy this for my Cataphract, I can not use the color on my Victor and other mechs?

Did I get that wrong? Or is it tha6t the patterns are for a chassis type but the colors are unlocked fro all mechs

To make sure it's clear...

Colors are unlocked for All Mechs, period.

Camos (Tartan's skin, not the colors) are unlocked within a chassis.

You should read it as "All variants within a chassis."
Definitions:
A Chassis is the Cataphract. The Catapult. Commando. Atlas. Highlander. Victor. Etc.
A Variant is a denomination of a chassis. For example if the Chassis is Cataphract, then the Variants are the "Cataphract CTF-4x." "Cataphract CTF-1x" "Cataphract CTF-3D" and so on.

In other words. For the "Unlock" version of a camo, if you bought it for the Cataphract, it would cover all 4 variants of Cataphract (it will not apply to Hero mechs). Since "additional variants are forthcoming", should the Cataphract 0X, 3L, 3LL and more be added into the game, you will automatically be able to add your unlocked camo to them.

I'm holding out for the Hunchback 5 series, although I fear that since they just automatically come with upgrades we already have for the Hunchback 4s, that they would only get cosmetic differences if implemented at all.

Edited by Koniving, 29 September 2013 - 06:57 AM.

#10 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:33 AM

While we are on the subject, "one time use" means as many uses as you want on a single variant right?

For example, I buy 2 diff. single uses camos, I could apply them both to the Raven 3L, then switch between them as much as I wanted, correct?

#11 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:59 AM

View PostEyeDie I, on 28 September 2013 - 09:22 AM, said:

With the ability to change it as often as you like. There's the real difference. Apply the single use to a mech, and if you sell it or change the pattern you have lost that one forever and have to buy it again.

I'd be paying 40x as much in just a week or two for the single use as I would for the unlock considering I'm a model in the Perfect Screenshot Thread, and change my patterns around 2 to 5 times a day.

View PostNick Makiaveli, on 29 September 2013 - 07:33 AM, said:

While we are on the subject, "one time use" means as many uses as you want on a single variant right?

Nope. Change it, you lose it. It's the only reason I have not sold my Spider D. I like the pattern, but I need the space. if I sell the mech, if I change the pattern, I lose it forever. When I discovered that for the Catapult I bought the patterns perm, and haven't gone back to single use (except the Spider; I don't like the mech that much).

Edited by Koniving, 29 September 2013 - 07:59 AM.

#12 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:07 AM

View PostKoniving, on 29 September 2013 - 07:59 AM, said:

With the ability to change it as often as you like. There's the real difference. Apply the single use to a mech, and if you sell it or change the pattern you have lost that one forever and have to buy it again.

I'd be paying 40x as much in just a week or two for the single use as I would for the unlock considering I'm a model in the Perfect Screenshot Thread, and change my patterns around 2 to 5 times a day.

Nope. Change it, you lose it. It's the only reason I have not sold my Spider D. I like the pattern, but I need the space. if I sell the mech, if I change the pattern, I lose it forever. When I discovered that for the Catapult I bought the patterns perm, and haven't gone back to single use (except the Spider; I don't like the mech that much).

Ah ok, thanks. I had read somewhere that it didn't disappear after one match, so after reading the above, got me curious. So basically if you know you are keeping the mech forever, and really like the pattern, SU might be a good idea.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users