Opt Out Of Maps

10 replies to this topic

#1 DirePlayer

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 03:43 PM

An option to opt out of certain maps should be included, personally I hate LRM matches so will AFK every time Polar highlands comes up. I feel bad for the rest of the team dropping 100 tons every time but I also feel that too many LRM's spoils an otherwise good game.

#2 Hawk_eye

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 325 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 January 2016 - 01:13 AM

Funnily enough, I _hate_ laser-vomit builds. Should I go AFK every time Mining Collective, The Bog or Forest Colony comes up?

It´s quite funny.
For as long as I have been on the forum, everyone and his dog was telling me: "Don´t use LRMs, they suck and you´re hurting your team by bringing them".
Up comes Polar Highlands and suddenly everyone goes: "Rah, rah, LURMAgeddon, change the map or let me opt out of it, rah, rah!"
When they _should_ be going: "Hurraah! Finally a map where LRMs can play a role!"

Kids these days Posted Image

#3 Soulscour

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 02:16 AM

I think it would be bad if there was metagaming in terms of weapon selection and mech selection in relation to maps. Additionally opting out of maps is the same thing. Both teams have slow mechs. Both teams have weapons that are not ideal for the map they drop in. Be the best performing energy build on a hot map. Maneuver better than the other enemy assault mechs.

#4 akhv

• Pip
  • Staff Sergeant
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 03:22 AM

Non-Participation Abuse
[color=#00FFFF]If a player has joined a match, they must have launched the game with intent to play. Players who are not moving, or are otherwise not participating in the spirit of the game, fall under this category. While we all understand the call of nature: Repeated abuse of this behaviour, similarly to 'Mech Suicide and Team Killing, results in an unfair advantage for the enemy teams, and is thus not considered acceptable use. Please keep in mind that idling on your cap point without armour or moving does not constitute a form of tactical "Base Defense"[/color]

http://mwomercs.com/...ploitsgriefing/

#5 DirePlayer

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 04:48 AM

If players want to use an LRM only map like this they should have to opt in a simple check box where you select which servers you use would suffice. Until that happens it will have to be abuse and unacceptable use.

#6 Soulscour

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 10:13 AM

View PostDirePlayer, on 24 January 2016 - 04:48 AM, said:

If players want to use an LRM only map like this they should have to opt in a simple check box where you select which servers you use would suffice. Until that happens it will have to be abuse and unacceptable use.

I see that you have been playing this game since 2012. LRMs have been around from the very beginning and were even more prevalent at certain times of this games history. There has been a lot of weapon imbalances that the community has had to deal with. Now let me ask you, have you spent money on this game, and how much time have you spent accumulating stuff on your account? If you consistently are reported by players for game abuse and your account is eventually banned what is your recourse after they don't refund your money?

#7 DirePlayer

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 01:36 PM

Email addresses are free as are accounts and trial mechs, as my ip address is not static they'd never stop me from popping in for a little team massacre. Plus there's always the option to open a Paypal case to get back any money paid. The problem with this map is theres just nowhere to hide from the LRM's and even with radar deprivation there's no way to get close enough to do any major damage. I know I'm not alone in my views so a simple opt out would be much easier. Honestly what fun is there sitting 1km from the action pressing Launch... Launch... Launch ??

#8 butchly13

• PipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 69 posts
  • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 25 January 2016 - 01:54 PM

View PostDirePlayer, on 25 January 2016 - 01:36 PM, said:

Email addresses are free as are accounts and trial mechs, as my ip address is not static they'd never stop me from popping in for a little team massacre. Plus there's always the option to open a Paypal case to get back any money paid. The problem with this map is theres just nowhere to hide from the LRM's and even with radar deprivation there's no way to get close enough to do any major damage. I know I'm not alone in my views so a simple opt out would be much easier. Honestly what fun is there sitting 1km from the action pressing Launch... Launch... Launch ??

Sounds like you haven't learned how to play the map. I have yet to get lurmed to death and I don't have ECM or AMS on my mechs. Haven't you ever ever heard the phrase "quitters never win"? Going AFK only hurts your team and makes you look like a ****** person. Find a way to outflank the enemy, put ECM on your mech, load it up with AMS, or quit complaining. I hate a few maps myself, but I also play the best I can because sitting around watching a match isn't as much fun as playing it.

Hell, turn it into a challenge. Make yourself enjoy finding a way to screw over the LRM boats. If it's not profitable to play an LRM boat people won't play it. If they keep dying because they have no short-range weapons and they keep getting rolled by a light with machine guns out their *** they might change their tactics. People need to stop crying "nerf this and nerf that because I'm dying a lot" and start saying "how can I beat the person taking the easy way out?" Grab some lights and roll the LRM boats. problem solved.

#9 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 25 January 2016 - 02:12 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...3dcd9b0ecf20a66

"Hello friend. I am Forecast Fox, and I am here to help spread good word of Clear Skies. May I interest you in the teachings of our Lord and Savior AMS?"

#10 DirePlayer

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 02:45 PM

Unfortunately on the dire wolf AMS takes up a whole Torso and is not a viable option, ECM is also unavailable so radar deprivation is the only thing available.

#11 Hexenhammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 25 January 2016 - 03:33 PM

Called it! I saw "Opt Out Of Maps" and instantly knew it wasn't about maps or any problem with maps but about QQ about LRMs getting in the way of brawling.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users