Suggestion

10 replies to this topic

#1 Macbrea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 270 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:36 AM

With the Community warfare coming up is there any chance we can get the ability to change our pilots name to names that are more "MechWarrior" like? In my own case I would simply like to add a first name to my pilot as Macbrea Is his last name Ian would be his first name. But I have seen a lot of non-genre style names that are likely that the person registering the account just picked a gamer handle instead of really putting a pilot style name to it.

Edited by Niko Snow, 03 October 2013 - 10:41 AM.

#2 Grandmaster Ramrod

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationComfortable Leather Chair

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:09 AM

If that's ever gonna happen, I bet it'll cost you money

#3 Macbrea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 270 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:23 AM

Sure, Charge me 125 MC to change my pilot name. I am good with that. I think it is no different then me painting my Mech. The players that want it will do it.

#4 Macbrea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 270 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:37 AM

Actually, yeah, Charge 125 MC.... that will make people think a sec before they change thier name to something stupid. I would say they would have more invested into the name change, but after years of playing in World of Warcraft I can tell you people will pay $10.00 to name themself things like assrapier.

By charging 125 MC it makes a name change cost $1.59. This is a small fee that helps the game and the average player may only use this feature 1 or 2 times. And the start of it, is already built into the website profile. It just doesn't allow you to actually change it.

#5 Grandmaster Ramrod

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationComfortable Leather Chair

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:39 AM

Well, to pull a random comparison out of my head, WoT offers a similar function - and they charge 2500 gold for the pleasure.

I don't believe that has changed since I quit it.

So yeah, fair one if you're happy to pay for that service, although something tells me you're being optimistic with that pricing.

Good luck with it tho

#6 Ijad

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationLong Beach

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:15 PM

View PostNiko Snow, on 03 October 2013 - 10:41 AM, said:

Great Suggestion! We hope to see something like this in the future. :P

Great Id pay for it also!

#7 WildeKarde

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:08 AM

It's something I would say is worth having but could be even 500MC, not something that would be used a lot. Also would be good to keep a history on the players profile, otherwise you could lose the history you've built up ingame.

#8 Synestar

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 06 January 2016 - 12:39 PM

I would love to change my pilots name......wouldn't mind paying either. The question is when will or could it happen because It would be a boon for MWO, hey ...income is income

#9 Charon DOC Stock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • LocationA partir de 100.000 C-Bills.

Posted 06 January 2016 - 02:50 PM

Dixit Russ: in "January Roadmap":

Pilot Name Changes via Website
Players will finally be able to initiate name changes without needing to contact Support services.
The first name change using this system is free, regardless of whether you’ve received a manual name change from Support in the past.
Once you’ve used your one free name change, any subsequent name changes will cost 4500MC (~$25USD).

#10 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 07 January 2016 - 12:41 AM

I think it's good to make name changing cost money.

It will encourage people to protect their reputations, and discourage the creation of smurf accounts to disguise actual identities.

#11 Raubwurst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 January 2016 - 01:42 AM

Yes, but not THAT much!

Once you’ve used your one free name change, any subsequent name changes will cost 4500MC (~$25USD).

Source January Roadmap

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users