High Spender Revard/bonus

14 replies to this topic

Poll: Are you revarded enough (19 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you revarded enough

1. I dont spend money on this game (4 votes [19.05%])

Percentage of vote: 19.05%

2. Works for me as is, I only use a few $ on collors anyway (1 votes [4.76%])

Percentage of vote: 4.76%

3. I have no problem spending an extra 100$+ on collors (2 votes [9.52%])

Percentage of vote: 9.52%

4. I like this idea (14 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Serpentbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 485 posts
  • LocationVanvikan, Norway

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:20 AM

Hi.

I've been tinking about this game, how I want to support it, and how I'm revarded for that support.

Now, free to play games like this need some kind of founding, I am aware of that. And thus I understand the consept of small ingame purchases. PPL might not buy a 70$ game, they might not even pay for ingame stuff either, but they might make a 2$ purchase now and then.

Thus I allso understand that even if it takes like 200$ to buy all collors, that's not a big issue, because those using a little money now and then wount spend that much anyways. They are happy as is.

How ever, there are thouse of us who like this game a little more. We might have used a little more that those 2$ now and then. Personally I've spent about 140$ on this game so far including the phoenix overlord and Saras mach, and I'm pretty sure a lot of PPL have spent even more. We might have bought the phoenix pkg. We might have bought several hero mechs.

Now, I love customisation. But here's the problem. I've spent 140$ so far. And spending loads of extra money on single collors to customice my gear is like, meh, that's bull. That's no bang for the buck. It gives
me a sour taste.
I sugest we ppl who spend more cash on this game than we usually do on ordinary games should get a little bonus.

If we use more than for example 100$, all collors and patterns etc. are unlocked. (If needed New patterns/camo could be limited for purchase only a few weeks for everyone, and then become available to high spenders). I feel we've earned so much. Then we can continue spending money on the stuff that matters the most. Hero mechs, early release special packages like the phoenix, even if that one was rather expencive. And the PPL who spend a buck here and there can continue to do so as today.
Now, lots of ppl have bought collors and patterns allready. OK, but they wount mind if you do this. Because we really love supporting the development of this game :wub: . This could be a release treate.

Well, that's my 5MC atleast... Make us feel we get bang for the bucks... :D

Edited by Serpentbane, 21 September 2013 - 12:14 PM.

#2 Serpentbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 485 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:05 PM

To break it down for those who do not like a lot of text. It could be something like this:
Spend 100$ - Unlock all collors
Spend 150$ - Unlock all camo/patterns
Spend 200$ - Unlock something else, and so on.

#3 Serpentbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 485 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:27 AM

Wow. I would have tought more people would like this idea since customisation is something I think many people like very much, and the option to do so just by supporting the game I think is a great idea. Well well, PGI, I hope you do consider this anyways...

#4 Cycleboy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 183 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:24 AM

It's just that we all realize THIS WON'T HAPPEN. It would be nice, or even if you spend that $30 on a hero mech to give you a couple color options with it. But it won't happen. ******' in the wind there.

#5 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:50 PM

The poll is confusing and hard to understand exactly what the choices are implying

#6 RandomLurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:46 PM

I don't spend real money on paint, so doesn't affect me one way or the other. Have at it if you like.

#7 Serpentbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 485 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:02 AM

View PostSandpit, on 27 September 2013 - 03:50 PM, said:

The poll is confusing and hard to understand exactly what the choices are implying

My English might be bad :lol:
1: If you don't spend money on this game, choose this one.
2: If you're no high spender, and only use a $ or two on a color or pattern now and then and are ok with this, use coose this one.
3: If you use a lot of money on this game, and have no problem with the fact that buying all colors in this game will set you back 200$, choose this one.
4: If you like to support this game and are willing to spend 100$ + ingame, but feel like this should be revarded in some way, choose this one.
It might be a far stretch, but at least the devs should be reminded that some of us gives them a little more butter on the bread than others, and it would be wise to give something back.

View PostRandomLurker, on 27 September 2013 - 08:46 PM, said:

I don't spend real money on paint, so doesn't affect me one way or the other. Have at it if you like.

Me neither, but I would like to be able to customise the mech. And that's the point. After spending 140$ on this game, I feel colors should have been unlocked. Patterns also. Then, PPL who only spend a few $ can do so on colors and patterns, and those of us who use a little more need not worry about expencive customisation.

#8 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:35 AM

Loyality Bonus (not in the Community Warfare sense) basically. Many games, particularly F2P, have stuff like that. Veteran rewards for example in Startrek Online. They can be quite neat and are a good way to reward long-term customers without really creating much of cost for yourself (depending on what you give them. Startrek Online went even so far to give you custom ship designs, which is a bit of an expense, but you don't have to do that. Extra character or costume slots or bonus to skill point gain and the like on the other hand are pretty cheap to do.)

#9 bloodnor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • Locationwarrington Cheshire UK

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:47 AM

not sure I see the point the game is marketed as free to play not pay to win. I always have prem time and I do spend real monies but I don't go overboard well ok sometimes I do I love cammo. doing this would destroy the image of free to play and but people off. the richest player is not the best.

#10 Cybermech

Tool

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:52 AM

its the f2p market, I'd much rather drop in price across the board and be able to spend money without feeling getting robbed.
the price of an expansion for one item is insane to me.
game needs some packages, like buying a year premium gets you some goodies, colors, patterns that kind of thing.

#11 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:24 AM

View Postbloodnor, on 29 September 2013 - 09:47 AM, said:

not sure I see the point the game is marketed as free to play not pay to win. I always have prem time and I do spend real monies but I don't go overboard well ok sometimes I do I love cammo. doing this would destroy the image of free to play and but people off. the richest player is not the best.

I don't see how this is relevant. He's talking about unlocking aesthetic items that have no impact on gameplay. Just because someone suggests something that involves money doesn't automatically equate to p2w

#12 Solomon Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:12 AM

No. (And i spent more)

I rather want PGi to make money with Colors and Patterns and Hero mechs than mandatory things like mechbays which are fairly priced.

I´d love it to be cheaper (who doesnt`t) but i rather want the current pricing than MWO to shut down or slow down (even further) in development speed.

#13 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:05 PM

View PostSerpentbane, on 21 September 2013 - 12:05 PM, said:

To break it down for those who do not like a lot of text. It could be something like this:
Spend 100$ - Unlock all collors
Spend 150$ - Unlock all camo/patterns
Spend 200$ - Unlock something else, and so on.

Seems like a good idea. Maybe even just - unlock a unique cammo if you spend $100, a unique mech at $300, and a perma unlock of all cammos & paints if you spend over $1000?

B)

#14 CtrlAltWheee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 610 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:30 PM

Agree. Like how the Phoenix Overlord package is tiered--suddenly we have 90 days premium time at that $80 tier. It's smart marketing.

I'm $150 in and would really appreciate this.

#15 Serpentbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 485 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:37 AM

View PostSolomon Ward, on 29 September 2013 - 11:12 AM, said:

No. (And i spent more)

I rather want PGi to make money with Colors and Patterns and Hero mechs than mandatory things like mechbays which are fairly priced.

I´d love it to be cheaper (who doesnt`t) but i rather want the current pricing than MWO to shut down or slow down (even further) in development speed.

I do not see how my suggestion would lead to the shut down or even slowdown in development speed. I was talking about players already paying 100$ or more. This would not affect players spending a few $ on aesthetics. You would also have to buy several hero mechs to use more than that. If a player uses 100$, PGI should be happy. Giving us a bonus in the form of aesthetics will in no way have a negative impact on the games founding’s, as this is a high line to cross for most people, and there are still a lot to use real money on.

Actually, I think this could stimulate growth in funding’s.

There could be other bonuses, but colors and patterns are great for this purpose because they are simply aesthetic, and thus do not have any impact on the players performance in the game.

Edited by Serpentbane, 30 September 2013 - 02:38 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users