3 replies to this topic

#1 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:19 AM

And honestly, I don't care if they cost 10 million or more C-Bills, but I have spoken to many people and this is a re-occurring theme..... Could even increase/keep the cap too. 4 for free, another 4 available for insane C-Bill purchase for a total of 8 for a F2P player.... And allow people who have already gone over 8 with MC purchases the same 4 additional bays for C-Bills too. Just suggesting....

#2 ShotgunWillie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:10 AM

Been suggested in about eleventy bajillion threads already. It would be nice if F2Players could get a few (but finite amount of) extra mech bays for CBills, but it's probably never going to happen, and here's why:

Mech bays are already cheap. The most expensive (in MC to USD conversion) way to buy mech bays is to buy the cheapest MC package. At $6.95 for 1250 MC, a mech bay costs $1.67. You can get it down to $1.20 per mech bay if you buy the most expensive MC package.

I've seen a lot of complaints about the MC prices of things in MWO (but never mech bays), and since the CBill nerf, complaints about the grind to buy mechs and gear with CBills. But I've never seen a legitimate complaint about F2Players getting the shaft in MWO. If you really want to see F2Players get hosed, go play SWTOR.

#3 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:25 AM

I know, just trying to keep the fires lit....

BTW, Shotgun Willie's is the name of a strip club in my town.... :P

#4 ShotgunWillie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:42 AM

View Postcdlord, on 30 September 2013 - 08:25 AM, said:

I know, just trying to keep the fires lit....

Fair enough. I'm not opposed to the idea. I've said before that I'd support CBill mech bays as long as the purchase price was tiered (1st one costs X Million Cbills, second costs X+20% Million, third costs X+40% million, etc., specific numbers could be played with, of course), and the max number of bays that could be purchased that way was capped at 4.

BTW, Shotgun Willie's is the name of a strip club in my town.... :P

Not sure which town you're in. Evidently there are a couple of establishments with the same name, one in Iowa and one in one of the Dakotas, I think. Of course, I started gaming under the name ShotgunWillie long before I was old enough to know what a strip club was. I got the name from a song.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users