16 replies to this topic

#1 SilverMalachite

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 122 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:01 PM

For the DEVs
I could help but notice the different cannons on the Jager & the Orion.

Which made me think about the following, That you may or may not have thought of.
  • Having different manufactures stated as such, Just as the ones in mech lore to complement the different aesthetics already in place.
  • Slight Pros & cons regarding different manufactures of weapons, E.g: Accuracy / Functionality / Performance / Price / Availability / ???

#2 Thomas Dziegielewski

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere - St.Ives - CERES METALS, AAlcadis Revised Underground Complex, B5

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:21 PM

We're looking into this. To me, it's a must have.

#3 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:55 PM

Sweet

#4 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:48 AM

View PostThomas Dziegielewski, on 30 September 2013 - 02:21 PM, said:

I'd be so immensely happy to see, say, 4 different AC20 manufacturers.

As an example:

Manufacturer A: As per current
Manufacturer B: One ton lighter and one slot smaller, somewhat cheaper, has a CoF (cheaper short-barreled version, inaccurate)
Manufacturer C: Fires a stream of 20 1 damage shells in 1s burst; extended cockpit shake as a result, potential spreading of damage.
Manufacturer D: One ton heavier, 25 health, slightly increased range.

Edited by Wintersdark, 02 October 2013 - 07:48 AM.

#5 fandre

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:54 AM

View PostWintersdark, on 02 October 2013 - 07:48 AM, said:

I'd be so immensely happy to see, say, 4 different AC20 manufacturers.

As an example:

I hope not this way! I would like to see different manufacturers but they should differ in little percent. For example AC20 from Manufacturer X has 5% more Damage but 10% less range but no alternate firemodes. Otherwise you have a whole new kind of weapon.

#6 Thomas Dziegielewski

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere - St.Ives - CERES METALS, AAlcadis Revised Underground Complex, B5

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:17 PM

I think so not to throw off weapon balance initially the bonuses will have to be quite small.

1% damage boost
-5% range penalty
and the AC Bullet is tinted a bit blue
etc.

And to add to the RPG element it'd like to see, say if the manufacturer headquarters is located on a hot planet, the weapon by that manufacturer would reflect the need for a cooler running weapon by sacrificing some other stat.

#7 Tvae

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 203 posts
  • LocationPort Sunkissed

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:19 PM

View Postfandre, on 02 October 2013 - 11:54 AM, said:

I hope not this way! I would like to see different manufacturers but they should differ in little percent. For example AC20 from Manufacturer X has 5% more Damage but 10% less range but no alternate firemodes. Otherwise you have a whole new kind of weapon.

Despite the fact that this would be less... exciting, I'm forced to agree. Down the road, we will have:

Regular ACs (Already in the game)

Ultra ACs (Can fire slightly faster with chance of jamming, currently have UAC5)

Rotary ACs (Fires a stream of shots, chance of jamming. Only ever exists for RAC5/RAC2)

Light ACs (Smaller, Lighter, but less range. Only LAC5/LAC2s exist)

LBX ACs (Shotgun. Currently have LBX10)

Hypervelocity ACs (Largely increased range for less ammo, more weight, and more heat. No HVAC 20s)

With so many different base classes of weapons to eventually add, any changes due to manufacturor will likely have to be either minor, or cosmetic.

Edited by Tvae, 02 October 2013 - 12:33 PM.

#8 fandre

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:12 PM

Tvae describes the situation well.

Maybe we get a discount, when we are buying only weapons from one manufacturer :P

IMO there could also be a slight improvement of weapon performance based on the time/number of uses. Different stats with up to 4 or 5 % when you use them all the time.

#9 SilverMalachite

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 122 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:47 PM

Cool
Good to hear

I agree too, It is a must have

#10 DocBach

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:52 PM

View PostThomas Dziegielewski, on 02 October 2013 - 12:17 PM, said:

I think so not to throw off weapon balance initially the bonuses will have to be quite small.

1% damage boost
-5% range penalty
etc.

And to add to the RPG element it'd like to see, say if the manufacturer headquarters is located on a hot planet, the weapon by that manufacturer would reflect the need for a cooler running weapon by sacrificing some other stat.

It'd be cool if players who were from different factions could retrieve unique weapons via an updated salvage mechanic;

have salvage as a drop with the option to sell it as scrap for a c-bill bonus like we current have, or have the option pay c-bills to hire Elite Techs for a chance to salvage regular components, with a small chance to receive unique weapons, or MC to hire Master techs that have a greater chance of receiving unique weapons.

Edited by DocBach, 10 October 2013 - 05:55 PM.

#11 carl kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 395 posts
  • LocationMoon Base Alpha

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:39 PM

I like the way you think Thomas :lol: you are an asset to the PGI team. Now talk to your co workers and tell them to turn those graphics back up where they were before in CB. ;)

Many thanks

Ck

#12 SirLANsalot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:40 PM

Manufacturer 1. Current AC20
#2: fires 4 5 damage shots, generates less heat.
#3 fires 10, 2 damage shots, generates even less heat
#4 fires 20, 1 damage shots, no heat generation.

The size and tonnage of an AC20 is the same from one planet to the next, its HOW they build them is what changes

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/AC-20

the ones the fire more shells, have a faster cool down (reload), they all come up as an AC20, but form XX planet its RoF is slow but packs a one shot punch. Vs from planet YY there AC20 is a high DPS weapon, but since its shells are spread out across its firing duration its damage is more spread out (thus more difficult to use).
This would shake the game up some as mechs using different weapons from different places would be fighting. Things could get hairy for a while.

Add on the fact that LASERS are different from each place too, some places have Green crystals (for all of there guns) others use different colors. Depends on the system that the planet is located in. Now the damage and everything else of a Large Laser doesn't change from planet to planet, but the beam emitter dose change. So your mech might have 2 LL from one place and one from another, when you fire all 3, you get 2 blue and a red Large laser beam. This could be some cool stuff for sure for players to have fun with.

#13 Carrioncrows

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:41 PM

For instance =

Posted Image

#14 GalaxyBluestar

• 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:47 PM

^^ this stuffs for all weapons would be so great. it would be one of the few breakaways from TT which would be fantastic to have wep abilities given slight tweaks. we already have pilot tweaks for the mechs so why can't we buy different sets of weapons? this also gives much greater incentive for CW where planets are important for securing the only source for a particular type of weapon. if you want to save serious cbills or get access to particular stuff you either be in the faction or pay heavily for it. looking forward to that but just think...

later on... the wars for newly discovered starleague material or pay upwards of 5x the price for them on the blackmarket where 2 mechs could be cheaper than a rail gun! of course material like that mustn't be MC stuff or it would be pay to win for a merc corp buying that kind of firepower for a whole unit etc.

View PostSirLANsalot, on 10 October 2013 - 06:40 PM, said:

Add on the fact that LASERS are different from each place too, some places have Green crystals (for all of there guns) others use different colors. Depends on the system that the planet is located in. Now the damage and everything else of a Large Laser doesn't change from planet to planet, but the beam emitter dose change. So your mech might have 2 LL from one place and one from another, when you fire all 3, you get 2 blue and a red Large laser beam. This could be some cool stuff for sure for players to have fun with.

could we have this AND the different values? it give's me more incentive to participate in more planetary operations to fight for more than just pretty colours.

also you would need to see these manufactures "callsigns" in the loadouts on the hud like you see mech vairents designated behind them on the score cards.

eg: AC2 - WHLW/2
AC2 - FED
AC2 - KAYA

etc

Edited by GalaxyBluestar, 10 October 2013 - 07:54 PM.

#15 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,578 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:03 PM

If R&R was still in, cost could have also been a factor (Cheaper to buy, but more expensive to repair for example)

#16 Carrioncrows

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:25 PM

View PostThomas Dziegielewski, on 02 October 2013 - 12:17 PM, said:

1% damage boost
-5% range penalty
etc.

Honestly that is a bad way to go about it.

If the bonus's are not significant enough to be worth while what's the point? There isn't one.

Two ways of going at is to keep the same relative DPS but tweak how the damage is dealt.

For instance you do less DPS the more you frontload the damage (IE 1 shot / burst)
And more DPS the more up time the weapon requires (Sustained)

The best way to go about balancing the weapons is to have "NAMED" Weapons require two slots of their respective hardpoints.

For instance a Jenner-D has 4 Energy (2 in each arm) and 2 in the CT.

But lets say you wanted to run a Ceres Medium laser in each arm that offers a bit more dmg and heat but requires 2 Energy hardpoints to equip.

So you could only have 2 Ceres medium lasers (1 in each arm) and then of course your 2 missile slots.

This way you could get builds that are not necessarily built around the all might "MOAR" weapons! but instead tailored to a players "Play-style" instead of just straight up numbers.

I would totally give up another hardpoint to have a weapon that I feel better fits my playstyle allowing me better able to use that weapon rather than have x2 weapons that I feel I use poorly.

Like I said these weapons don't necessarily "DO" more DPS, they just deal it differently.

Like the above mock-up, let me repost it to show.

Posted Image

The whirlwind AC2 works a lot like a long range Machinegun, It deals more DPS but requires a constant uptime to be able to access that improved DPS. And of course the heat is nearly the same.

The Federated AC2 deals it's damage as if it had fuel. You hold down the trigger it burns out the fuel up to 2 secs worth, but requires 3 secs of recharge time for every 1 sec of fire time. It automatically reloads and recharges when not in use and you can use it as long as you have charge. So you could use up the entire 2 secs of charge time to dish out 12 damage, but have to wait a full 6 sec to recharge it to full or wait till you have enough charge to fire.

The last one is the Kaliyama which deals damage a lot like a regular laser. It has a 1 sec duration during which it spits out a stream of shells that you must keep on target but has a much longer cooldown. This weapon actually deals less DPS than the regular AC2 because it front loads the damage.

Also some of the above weapons suffer less Maximum range or smaller effective range.

For more Weapon ideas see this thread:
http://mwomercs.com/...n-modification/

Or better yet PM me and we'll chit chat over TS3.

Or even better yet sponsor me for a Canadian work visa and get me hired. =)

Edited by Carrioncrows, 11 October 2013 - 12:35 AM.

#17 SilverMalachite

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 122 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:37 PM

I was thinking just a tad bit of a noticeable difference...
Because it would be pointless doing other wise.

Having all or just some of the characteristics of a weapon,
E.g: So I do use them dual AC/2 setup with lower heat efficiency but high rate of fire. Plus them being the best choice, Because the manufacturing factory that has the better AC/2, Which suit this planet more have been cut off from enemy presence.

;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users