Atlas Headbox Glitched (Maby Just Founders?)

37 replies to this topic

#21 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:31 PM

View PostMonky, on 02 October 2013 - 08:27 AM, said:

The solution to this is to;

STANDARDIZE HEAD HITBOXES BASED ON CHASSIS SIZE AND SPEED

NO. :P

Remember the promise of the PP specific mechs getting special geometry? This is indirectly happening to a Founders mech (which may be intentional, but probably not). It seems to me that it was released in a unfinished/reverted state.

So, the Founders are getting more than they wished for... (well, I don't think they've actually asked for special geometry).

#22 SolCrusher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 622 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:33 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 02 October 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

NO. :P

Remember the promise of the PP specific mechs getting special geometry? This is indirectly happening to a Founders mech (which may be intentional, but probably not). It seems to me that it was released in a unfinished/reverted state.

So, the Founders are getting more than they wished for... (well, I don't think they've actually asked for special geometry).

I just asked for a working game ..... not much to ask right? Working as intended .... move along move along....

#23 Asmosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:46 PM

View PostJohn MatriX82, on 02 October 2013 - 03:52 AM, said:

No it shouldn't look at my image above and check it yourself in the mechlab by clicking near the eye, it's not like back in CB, but the surface is basically doubled since the previous patches.

That doesnt neccesarily mean thats what it is ingame though, only what its supposed to be.

#24 WaywardMind

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 50 posts
  • LocationFairbanks Alaska

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:59 PM

I agree that the 'EYE' of an Atlas can be a little tough to hit previously. However; before this update I had been headshot only a few times before, and I have done it to several Atlas myself. It was difficult but not impossible... Now, I have a founders Atlas that dies almost instantly. It seems the word is out and I cant use my Atlas (F) until the issue is corrected. The patch notes are not specific enough to know if the change was intentional. I certainly hope not though. ...If so why only the Founders?

#25 Quinton99

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:34 PM

Well it seems like there are only two explanations here:

1. Incompetence: They accidentally re-broke something that has been fixed for ages due to poor procedures (accidentally using a version of hitbox geometry they got rid of over a year ago).

2. Malice: They're purposely re-shaping the game in a way that might pass for accidental in order to encourage a desired behaviour. (as some have mentioned, perhaps de-incentivizing the use of the Founders Atlas to encourage impulse purchase of the Boar's Head).

I'm not sure which one bothers me more, to be honest.

#26 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:30 PM

View PostBoarchild, on 02 October 2013 - 06:42 AM, said:

I can confirm the atlas founders variant is affected. The head hitbox is almost half the head as the previous poster mentioned.

Thanks for the tip guys. ;p

#27 WaywardMind

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:42 PM

View PostQuinton99, on 02 October 2013 - 05:34 PM, said:

Well it seems like there are only two explanations here:

1. Incompetence: They accidentally re-broke something that has been fixed for ages due to poor procedures (accidentally using a version of hitbox geometry they got rid of over a year ago).

2. Malice: They're purposely re-shaping the game in a way that might pass for accidental in order to encourage a desired behaviour. (as some have mentioned, perhaps de-incentivizing the use of the Founders Atlas to encourage impulse purchase of the Boar's Head).

I'm not sure which one bothers me more, to be honest.

I hope its option 1 personally.. then a fix may be soon

Edited by WaywardMind, 02 October 2013 - 09:42 PM.

#28 Cest7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,781 posts
  • LocationMaple Ditch

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:57 PM

When they add the dynamic model to the founders atlas they will probably fix this issue... next patch?

#29 WaywardMind

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:04 AM

View PostCest7, on 02 October 2013 - 10:57 PM, said:

When they add the dynamic model to the founders atlas they will probably fix this issue... next patch?

Lets hope so!

#30 John MatriX82

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:04 AM

View PostWaywardMind, on 02 October 2013 - 03:59 PM, said:

I agree that the 'EYE' of an Atlas can be a little tough to hit previously. However; before this update I had been headshot only a few times before, and I have done it to several Atlas myself. It was difficult but not impossible... Now, I have a founders Atlas that dies almost instantly. It seems the word is out and I cant use my Atlas (F) until the issue is corrected. The patch notes are not specific enough to know if the change was intentional. I certainly hope not though. ...If so why only the Founders?

Because we're a vocal minority. Besides obviousness, the most probable scenario it's that they were putting hand on the founder AS7 D as they did with the vanilla atlases to make it modular (and probably adding also the skin) but they left the work incomplete; this sum up no testing done and we're suffering for nothing.

But it's beta! Oh no wait a second..

#31 WaywardMind

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:44 AM

View PostJohn MatriX82, on 03 October 2013 - 01:04 AM, said:

Because we're a vocal minority. Besides obviousness, the most probable scenario it's that they were putting hand on the founder AS7 D as they did with the vanilla atlases to make it modular (and probably adding also the skin) but they left the work incomplete; this sum up no testing done and we're suffering for nothing.

But it's beta! Oh no wait a second..

I suppose even with the error/glitch its good to know they are still "touching" the Atlas D (F)

#32 BUDFORCE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire, UK

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:22 AM

Ive noticed this too, maybe they are fixing it now? I notice the server is down.

#33 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:27 AM

The founder's Atlas is like the readheaded stepchild of Assault Mechs. All of the other Atlases have had their models updated to show the wepons that you equip, but not the founder's. All of the other founder's mechs let you repaint all three channels. I was really hoping that all this would have been fixed this patch, since we just got a Hero Atlas.

#34 WaywardMind

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:50 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 03 October 2013 - 10:27 AM, said:

The founder's Atlas is like the readheaded stepchild of Assault Mechs. All of the other Atlases have had their models updated to show the wepons that you equip, but not the founder's. All of the other founder's mechs let you repaint all three channels. I was really hoping that all this would have been fixed this patch, since we just got a Hero Atlas.

It was mentioned that they would work on the colors "when they had time" . They did make changes to the Founders Jenner and Cat. It was guessed the others would follow suit just afterwards. That was some time ago but I hope that this "glitch" ...if it is that, will make them finish off the Atlas and be done with it.

#35 WaywardMind

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:07 AM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 03 October 2013 - 03:18 PM, said:

[color=cyan]Hello everyone![/color]

I just wanted to tell you guys really quick the following bugs are fixed here and will be added to the Oct. 15th patch:
  • Streak SRM's always targetting BlackJack centre torsos.
  • Atlas head hitboxes being larger than they should be.
There will of course be other fixes and tweaks, but I wanted you all to know those will be included.

Cheers,
-TheGarth

Yeay! and acknowledgement!

#36 madmac451

• PipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 39 posts
  • Locationohio

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:27 PM

i dont realy care if pgi releases fixes or inlarges hit boxes a little but the head hitbox on the as-7 d(f) is insane its worse than the awsome before there head hitboxes were made smaller in the future i would like some real testing of changes this puts me in the mind of when we we were going open the head hitboxes of the atlaseswere expanding overtaking the map and locking up the game 5 minites after the first atlas died

#37 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:06 AM

ahh so no founders mech until the 15th roger..

#38 DC1

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:15 PM

yup. Shoot um in the head. took me days to figure out what was going on... seriously one of the most annoying things that has happened yet. "No love for the founders" - MeiSooHaiyu

Edited by DC1, 14 October 2013 - 01:17 PM.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users