2 Weeks In, My Mwo Thoughts.

1 reply to this topic

#1 JKohn

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationKouvola, Finland, FRR

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:04 PM

(I could not find a general forum so I dropped this in here)

Greetings fellow MechWarriors. I've been playing for roughly two weeks now, maybe three. 90% of the time I have been sitting in one of the various Hunchies, I'm a big fan of Hellbringer & Summoner so Hunchie was an obvious choise, looking forward to Thunderbolt ofcourse!

I've been having blast in the game, the gameplay is good and the game often runs very well on maxed settings (AMD Qcore @ 4Ghz, 8GB ram, Nvidia 570GTX, standard 500Gigs HD).

There's few things that bugs me though.

Story and scope.

First of all, I thought this game was bigger. I mean, currently we have just 2 "skirmish" game modes, nothing of grander scale, no ingame story elements at all, I'm kinda lost what's going on and why do we fight our own factions? Community warfare and all that stuff needs to come in fast, ofcourse not rushed but it's SO important imo for this game right now.

Launch screen / Mechlab.

Mechlab, which in its current windowed incarnation, 90's design, and overall messy looks is quite bad. At first it was pure pain trying to figure it out, it didnt took too long, but I wouldnt be surprised if it does take long for some people, or is too much for the most impatient (though who needs impatient people in the game anyway? :ph34r:).

Why cant I just invite my friend to a squad by rightclick + invite, with a pop-up appearing on my friends screen? I have to separately create group, click some confirmations, and hope that he notices it if he's in a screen that just threw away the chat window. That leads to, fullscreen please, so you can add in a chatbox that is there all the time in it's own corner regardless if I'm in launch window or loadouts etc.

I'd like to see color themed weapons icons like I had in MW4 Mercs, and to be able to see the whole loadout and item locations in one look like in MW4.

This needs to be adressed quickly! There's been even some reviews where the score dipped badly just because the launch screen, and that does not do justice to this game.

Maps!

Maps can have a huge impact on how much fun you have, or lack of fun when your favourite maps do not pop at all in the whole night. I'd like to be able to have even a little say about the maps I get to play.

My favourite maps are my least played and the maps that I hate pops up all the time, and it's not only in my head because I dont like those maps that much, my stats actually support my claims. I dont like Terra Therma and it has been raining on me like a bad joke lately. Some form of map veto system, would definately increase the fun in the game.

About recent changes: The Button.

Ready button. Cut the countdown in half since there's always someone who does not push the button at any point. This button might need to be re-evaluated completely since there's always that one person so what's the point? Put in static timer that is shorter or let the game begin when most of the players has buttoned.

Thank you for a great MechWarrior experience Piranha Games, regardless my concerns!

That's all I could think off the top of my head. Sorry if this is in totally wrong forum, I double checked for general forums but there were none to be found. Thanks for the good game, it's been ages since I got to pilot a Mech, and this game does the piloting and combat very well imo.

#2 DI3T3R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:18 PM

I can't exactly pin it down, but somehow this game "feels" better since the last patch.

Maybe it's the ready-button, maybe it's the fact that the Cockpit no longer shakes like crazy when centering the legs on it (like somebody in the forum demanded), maybe it's the beautiful view-obscuring dustcloud I saw in Tourmaline (really hoping they go large-scale and eventually pick up my sandstorm-proposal) ...

I was pissed just like everybody else when nothing happened on launch day.
But this game no longer feels like a Beta to me. There's progress.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users